We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming in Perugia - where?

Which Perugia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perugia
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Swimming in Perugia - where?

Hi everyone,

have just arrived in Perugia and will stay for a few months. Does anyone know a good pool to go swimming in Perugia? Of course preferably near the old town, but would be willing to travel a bit too, it it's worth it.

Cheers!

perth
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming in Perugia - where?

I googled swimming pools in perugia and seemed to get only pools at hotels etc.

Why don't you ask at the visitors information centre ... in 2002 when I was there it was located in the left hand side of the piazza with Fontana Maggiore in the centre.

P.S. Get a book about the things to see in P and read all about the fountain ... its history and the meanings of all the carvings around it.

lennyb

Perugia
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming in Perugia - where?

Hi,

I always swim on the pool at Ponte San Giovanni, but there are 4 covered pools in Perugia, one also in the area at the end of Via dei Priori, forgot the name. If you walk there and aks I am sure everybody will be able to direct you.

Have fun!

Perugia
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming in Perugia - where?

There are some communal piscina's for instance in Ponte Felcino and PISCINA COMUNALE PONTE SAN GIOVANNI. Piscina. Via della Scuola – Ponte San Giovanni. Tel. 075-5996936. That is not center but why not enjoy a nice busride and get to see some more of everyday italian life ;-)

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming in Perugia - where?

I used to swim frequently at the pool at Ponte San Giovanni..and glorious in the summer in the outdoor pool

Perugia Umbria
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming in Perugia - where?

I think that the right pool for you is the following:

"Piscina Comunale Pellini"

Viale Pellini Pompeo, Perugia Centro Storico

Phone: 075 5716209

You can easily reach Pellini Pool from Piazza Partigiani (5/10 minutes walking) or going down Via Priori.

6. Re: Swimming in Perugia - where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 09, 2010