We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental in Umbria

Which Perugia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Rental in Umbria

Has anyone rented a house in the Umbria area? What company did you use? Pros and cons?

Thank you!

USA/CH
Level Contributor
244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental in Umbria

I've used Rentvillas.com as well as different agriturismi. I am fluent in Italian though, which probably is mandatory if going with an agriturismo where no one speaks English!

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental in Umbria

Try...

www.VRBO.com

and then type in Umbria in the search box.

Many of us who have homes listed on VRBO can accomodate the American tastes better - still giving the charm of an Italian home but with some of the conveniences Americans have grown to expect.

My place is in Assisi - but there are many other listings all over Umbria.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental in Umbria

Hi Debdav

If you are interested we have a 3 bed, 2 bath apartment located 15 mins outside Perugia centre, with great views accross the valley to perguia and beyond.. ( well furnished with modern Italian desinger furniture - so not rustic) Which we are happy to consider renting over this summer at reasonable rates. (It's our own holiday place and we haven't yet let it commercially) I fyou want to know more send me an email and I can provide pics and more detailed information. Jane

England
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental in Umbria

Hi,

We've stayed in Tuscany and Umbria and found Umbria to be really good and more akin to the typical Italian lifestyle. We found some great self catering apartments located in the hills 20 mins from Perugia, 30 mins from Assisi. the name of the place is Alsagra, The couple who own it have their ownwebsite aplaceinumbria.com which shows lots of info about the place

5. Re: Rental in Umbria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Perugia