We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to turn in car-

Corpus Christi...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Where to turn in car-

We are renting a car from Siena . From Siena we spend two nights in Montepulciano. Using Montepulciano as a base to explore the area, we plan day trips to Montalcino and the Abbazia di Oliveto Maggiore etc. . From Montepulciano we planned to drive to Perugia or Assisi . After one night in Assisi we planned on taking the train to Rome.

Questions:

Can we turn in the car in Perugia and bus to Assisi?

How far is the train station from the center of Assisi?

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,556 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to turn in car-

The train station for Assisi is actually in Santa Maria degli Angeli, down the hill below Assisi. It is too far to walk. There must be bus service into Asssisi but I have not used it.

2. Re: Where to turn in car-

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:47 am, March 14, 2013
Naples, FL
Level Contributor
26 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to turn in car-

Same location, reversed itinerary. We arrive in Rome on a Sunday when I noted no rental car agencies are open (that I looked at anyway.) My thought was to take the train to Assisi on Sunday, spend a couple days, then train or bus to a town with a rental car agency (Hertz says it has an office in Peruglia, but maybe there is one closer), use the rental to see the rural parts of the country with the ability to stop anywhere, and my thought was to turn the car in at Orieveto, and take the train to Rome from there. Would there be a better way to do this? I was planning one day in Assisi but noted the comment to spend at least 2 days there. What was your 2-day itinerary in Assisi?

4. Re: Where to turn in car-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:47 am, March 14, 2013
5. Re: Where to turn in car-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 08, 2014