We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Handicap in Assisi

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Handicap in Assisi

I was last in Assisi in 2007 and after arriving in town off the bus from the RR station, I recall another smaller bus that deposited us very near the basilica. Am I correct and where do I get the second bus? Thank you for the help. I use a cane to walk.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Handicap in Assisi

You can get off the bus at first Assisi stop and then nearby, catch the smaller buses...any local can indicate bus stop to you

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Handicap in Assisi

Thank you very much. You are very knowledgable about Assisi and helpful.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Handicap in Assisi

Glad to help - !

Northport, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Handicap in Assisi

I am headed to Assisi this November with a broken foot. Any advice on getting around there with a handicap is greatly appreciated.

5. Re: Handicap in Assisi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:31 am, October 26, 2013
Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
508 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Handicap in Assisi

Open road, will you be able to get a disabled parking permission in your hometown? If so bring it along as this will allow you to use the disabled parking areas in town. You might have to use a taxi to get to some of the relevant parts of town because even if you park nearer the main sights you cannot really do sightseeing by car in any Umbrian historic town. Driving through the small medieval alleys is not easy.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Handicap in Assisi

Agree with suggestion above - as handicap stickers recognized

Read about the UNTO festival in Assisi in November / wonderful!

Rogiet, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Handicap in Assisi

I am visiting Assisi next week with my 86 year old mother who uses a wheelchair. Any advice on where to park and getting into town would be great. She does not drive therefore no disability sticker for the car.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
508 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Handicap in Assisi

Go to the tourist office or ask your hotel to help you obtaining a disability permit. You don't want to push her up all those hills, it's a lot of work and official parking areas are not always close to major attractions.

10. Re: Handicap in Assisi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 24, 2015