We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch in Assisi

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch in Assisi

Would appreciate recommendations for a place for Lunch in Assisi. Not looking for an overly long meal.

Good soup. Good pizza. Good people. That would make for a wonderful time.

GRAZIE

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,544 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch in Assisi

We very highly recommend the Restorante Metastasio, particularly if you can get a table on the outside terrace. We had a leisurely lunch there once and we will never forget it. One of the most exciting finds we have experienced in Italy. The view from the terrace is unparalleled. Frankly, the view and the experience were so great that we did not even think about value in terms of food or service, although they were both good.

I would suggest to try to get a reservation for the terrace, or go and wait a little while if necessary to get on the terrace.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch in Assisi

Ristorante Medioevo tops / closed on Mondays.

Trattorai degli Umbria - good local cooking - Andrea and Roberta will take good care of you there.

Osteria Piazzetta dell'Erba not to be missed -where Stefano turns out wonders.

Ristorante San Francesco / closed Wed / in front of Upper Basilica - ask for table near window and enjoy the wonders in front of you as you savor the good ness coming out of Carletto's kitchen!

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch in Assisi

Multi Grazie:

Would any of these places be better for an evening meal? We will be staying in Assisi for three nights, and look forward to wonderous cooking and company.

THANKS

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
241 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch in Assisi

I had a great evening meal at Medioevo. Wonderful staff, really great food, average prices for assisi (in assisi I paid between 22-28 euro for a prima, secondi & 1/4 or 1/2 liter of wine, including cover).

My dinner at Taverna dei Consoli was very nice as well, but I enjoyed it more for the view over the balcony into the square. Otherwise less memorable, but still good.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch in Assisi

oh, yes and how not to mention Trattoria da Erminino located in the area of the most beautiful backstreets of Assisi, ie, between San Rufino and Porta Perlici...

?

Closed on Thurs..outdoor tables- grilled meats cooked in the fireplace.

Giuliana is the daughter of Erminio and now carrying on and the food is as good as the days yrs ago when her Mamma was in the kitchen and Erminio welcomed guests.

I've lived in Assisi since 1975 / Da Erminio, long before!

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch in Assisi

This topic was posted a while ago but I was just going to mention that Trattori Degli Umbria was one of our most memorable lunches we had in our 2 weeks in Italy. We both had a delicious pasta dish with truffles and we shared (to Roberta's suggestion) the mixed grilled meat plate. A 1/2 carafe of wine to wash it down and we were set! A small place... but one of our most memorable meals in Italy.

:-)

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch in Assisi

Many thanks.

We are going to Assisi in June and will try it out.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch in Assisi

and if in Umbria in JUNE, DO NOT MISS THE INFIORATE IN SPELLO!

June 10th.

Assisi restaurant / also superb: Osteria Piazzetta dell'Erba - and Al Borgo in Via Borgo Aretino also good..

Many sagras going on too / and BEST in local cuisine, home-cooked at low prices there..read notice boards on walls of town to know where and when

End of June / Bevagna / Mercato delle Gaite / try to join in the medieval banquet / what a feast

June 22nd in Gubbio . significant memorial day to the 40 martyrs / June 22 1944 / 40 civilians executed by the Germans...

- early June in Bevagna Arte in Tavola...great food, wine feast

charleston
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch in Assisi

We will also be in Umbria the first two weeks of June. What is a sagras?

10. Re: Lunch in Assisi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:47 am, March 14, 2013