We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campello sui Clittuno to Feast of St.Francis?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Campello sui Clittuno to Feast of St.Francis?

Dear TA fellows: I'm reposting this with a different heading - can't figure out what happened before - sorry

Dear Assisi experts:

I'll be in Assisi from October 1 to the 3rd when three of us will leave on a bike trip, ending up the night of the 3rd in Campello sul Clittuno, about 40 km south of Assisi. (We're also staying there the 4th; the 5th and the 6th will be in Torgiano; the 7th back to Assisi.) I've never seen an Italian festival and have a special place in my heart for St. Francis, so I was trying to see if we could take a bus/train/taxi back to Assisi from Campello sul Clittunoto see the events of the evening of the 3rd, and possibly the 4th, and then go back to Campello sul Clittuno for the night.

Is this doable? Would there be festivities in Assisi the nights of the 1st and 2nd? I tried to find the Feast schedule for 2011 on the internet and was unable to do so.

thanks so much for your help,

Marie

Mentioned in this post
Assisi
Assisi
Province of Perugia, Italy
Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
508 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campello sui Clittuno to Feast of St.Francis?

Hi Marie

you can figure out the train schedule here www.trenitalia.it . I am afraid there's no night trains and taxi will be very expensive, you will be better off hiring a car in Foligno for a couple of days. Most of the celebrations will be in any case in the afternoon and not in the evening.

Mentioned in this post
Foligno
Foligno
Province of Perugia, Italy
2. Re: Campello sui Clittuno to Feast of St.Francis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, October 23, 2012