We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage in Assisi?

Menlo Park...
1 post
Save Topic
Luggage storage in Assisi?

I will travel on Sept. 19 from Orvieto to Assisi by train. My question: Does the Assisi train station have storage facilities/lockers for luggage? I'll be going on to Florence later that day, and need a place to stow my luggage.

Thank you!

Josie

Menlo Park, CA

Waldshut-Tiengen...
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage storage in Assisi?

Hello Josie.

As far as I remember there is no luggage storage there as I've been to Assisi several times and I have never noticed a luggage storage anywhere.

But in 2 days time I'll be going there again, so if you want a more precise reply send me a message so that I don't forget to look!

UK
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage storage in Assisi?

According to the Trenitalia website Assisi railway station has left luggage storage facilities:

http://tinyurl.com/5dkahe

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,419 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage storage in Assisi?

This is in Italian but check the last column on the right for baggage storage availability for any station. As you can see, Assisi is checked.

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

Waldshut-Tiengen...
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage storage in Assisi?

According to Wikipedia too: it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stazione_di_Assisi

I have never noticed it, I'll se where it's located on Tuesday.

Waldshut-Tiengen...
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage storage in Assisi?

I'm back to give a feedback in case someone still needs it. I went to the station today and there is a luggage storage, but it is apparently closed and not working since months already.

On the maps inside and outside the station it is not shown as service available, and although there is a sign on a door that says "deposito bagagli", that door is closed and the glass is covered with dusty paper so you can't see inside the room.

6. Re: Luggage storage in Assisi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 17, 2012