We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way from rome airport to assisi

Which Assisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
oldsmar
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
best way from rome airport to assisi

Hello, can anyone give info on train route best to assisi from rome fco to santa maria angli? thanks

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
70 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way from rome airport to assisi

Leonardo Express shuttle from airport to Roma/Termini then train to Assisi (Santa Maria degli Angeli), you might need to change train in Foligno, check the www.trenitalia.com schedule.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,494 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way from rome airport to assisi

There's also one bus a day from the airport to Assisi, leaving the airport at 12:30.

The FR1 train to Tiburtina, transferring there to Assisi, is a bit easier in my opinion, if there's a convenient connection.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
70 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best way from rome airport to assisi

The bus does not stop in Santa Maria degli Angeli http://www.sulga.it/orari/perugia_roma.pdf.

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best way from rome airport to assisi

Lynnanne - are you going to be staying IN Santa Maria degli Angeli or in Assisi?

The Sulga bus stops at S. Pietro in Assisi - so if you are staying in Santa Maria, you could still take the bus from the airport (which is convenient if your arrival matches their departure times) to Assisi.

The regular bus stops at the same location (S. Pietro) to go back down to Santa Maria. Only about a 10 minute bus trip. No worries - and you would find it much simpler than hauling your bags around a train station and changing trains.

oldsmar
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best way from rome airport to assisi

thank you, i will be staying in assisi, so i can take a bus from the airport directly to assisi, then right?

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best way from rome airport to assisi

yes, trains to Assisi from airport easiest via Tiburtina..and you may have to change in Foligno as mentioned.

Do stay in the medieval part of the town, not in the modern S. Maria degli Angeli..buses up to town..taxis too

oldsmar
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best way from rome airport to assisi

thanks assisi anne, what about the aforementioned bus, is this from rome termini to assisi?

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best way from rome airport to assisi

Yes, the bus takes you to Assisi - S. Pietro area - at the bottom of the hill - near the Basilica of St. Francis.

If you tell me where you plan on staying, I'll tell you how to get there from the bus stop. :)

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best way from rome airport to assisi

When are you planning on coming?

If in May or June, wonderful festivals in the Assisi area.....and in nearby Bevagna and Spello

oldsmar
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best way from rome airport to assisi

im staying with a friend at santa maria dell rose, vicola ripoda, something like that, and i was just there this past december, but i had some travelling companions, now myself alone so i need some trains, bus advice, grazie!