We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minerva Temple

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Minerva Temple

Does the Temple of Minerva have an entrance fee in July?

How long should we allocate here, would 45 mins-1 hr be enough?

Grazie,

M :o)

God's 1/2 acre
Level Contributor
849 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Minerva Temple

Aussie,

The esculator is a wonderful convenience for people with disabilities. Assisi is a pilgrimage site and many people with physical problems travel there.

Martha

Russia
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Minerva Temple

Please tell me, how can I come in museum to see the ancient roman streets under piazza?

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,551 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Minerva Temple

You off again Melissa even though we pay thru the nose with the way the euro is?

Di Minerva was the epitome of reinvention from pagan to catholic idolism.... i can never get over the commandments saying do not have graven images (et al).

My main mission in Assisi was to look at the Temple with its 6 corinthian columns & was not dissappointed. I could not get over the sheer weight of religious tourism with the accoutrements of religious Disney products filling the shops.... think old St franny would die in the cusp if he knew how crass the 'toys' are. Basilica di san Francesco to me is second only to St Petes but without the audacious hedonism of the Popes.

have an Umbrian trip lobotomy if any help.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Minerva Temple

Hello, down there in the south of Queensland! No, Melissa isn't (to my knowledge) off again. This is an earlier post, risen from the dead, as it were. I agree with you, loved that there temple.

Yes, isn't the euro expensive again? Sigh. :(

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,441 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Minerva Temple

As a bonus, look on the wall to the right of the columns for some marks. There are straight lines of various lengths, a curved projection, a rectangular impression and so on. These are the measures from the ancient markets, where certain lengths and shapes were prescribed by law. So your house brick had to match the rectangular shape, your roof tile had to fit over the curve of the curved projection and various other things had to match the lengths of the lines. Neat eh?

16. Re: Minerva Temple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, October 16, 2009