We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assisi Festival

Which Assisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newfoundland, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Assisi Festival

I understand that there is a festival on in Assisi starting May 1. We are planning to visit Assisi on Saturday May 3 when I guess it will be really busy but this is the only day our schedule will permit. From our last visit, I know the road up from the station can be very busy. Is there a better approach to the town with parking available?

Ken

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Assisi Festival

This year, Calendimaggio is the 8th, 9th and 10th of May...so you should have easy access.

Hopefully, the new parking garage will be open by May - as the parking lot below the Basilica is under renovation. Piazza Matteoti is also available for parking at the top of the city.

Newfoundland, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Assisi Festival

Thanks, I thought I had read that it was the weekend before. Hopefully will not be too busy.

Ken

3. Re: Assisi Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 24, 2009