We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday restaurant with kids

philadelphia area
Level Contributor
37 posts
349 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday restaurant with kids

Hi. I'll be visiting Assisi with two kids (4 and 1 1/2 year old boys), oh and a husband!

I've heard that Italians really love a long, drawn-out Sunday lunch. Will it be hard to find a restaurant with a table on a Sunday? I won't have reservations since I'm not sure when we will be eating and my Italian is abysmal. Any suggestions on someplace family oriented and delicious? It'll be our first meal in Italy and that makes an impression.

Also, I would love to see the cathedral. Will it not be open on a Sunday for tourists?

And, we'll be driving straight from the airport so our luggage will still be in the van. Is this a terrible idea? I was trying to break up the drive but if all our stuff is stolen, that would put a damper on the trip!

Italy
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday restaurant with kids

I must be honest...I don't know if the cathedral will be open on Sunday but Assisi is one of the most terrific place about cristianity and I am sure you will be able to visit church and cathedral along your way.

The best restaurant in the town is IL PALLOTTA.

We were there in november 2005.

The food amazing and your kids will love it.

Avoid other places around....they are looking for american of foreign people to offer not really good food.

Enjoy Assisi and the rest of Umbria

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday restaurant with kids

I've posted restaurant recommendations for Assisi in previous posts ...just type in restaurant in the search box and you'll find them.

Pallotta is not the only good restaurant in town...try Taverna della arche...or Il Camino near the gate of San Giacomo - or Il Paradiso just outside the walls - excellent food....

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday restaurant with kids

And be aware that there is a McDonalds in S Maria degli Angeli, the small town close to Assisi, close to the railway station,

4. Re: Sunday restaurant with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:27 am, September 02, 2009