We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monte Subasio

New York
3 posts
Save Topic
Monte Subasio

We haven't seen much on this forum about Monte Subasio - the mountain that looms above Assisi. Taxis can take you to the Eremo della Carceri which is the church, monestary and hiking trails where St. Francis used to go to pray.

But we took the car up to the top. The road goes up farther than the Eremo where you get a marvelous view of the Umbrian valley. Then we drove the road over the mountain to Spello.

I recommend this drive. We saw herds of sheep, horses with long hair and herds of cows wearing big bells around their necks, hang gliders floating down from the edges. Beautiful.

Oklahoma City, OK
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Monte Subasio

My family and I will be traveling to Assisi in November and Mount Subasio National Park folks actually sent me a very detailed map of the area with walking trails, historical sights, caves, hang gliding areas, restaurants and many other things marked. We can't wait to go and walk the trails!

2. Re: Monte Subasio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 28, 2009