We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Todi and Spoleta

Saxapahaw, North...
Level Contributor
460 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Todi and Spoleta

Are these two towns doable in a day from Orvieto?? We will have a car and want a relaxing day. Will this be too busy? If I need to pick one vs the other, which do you recommend? We are traveling with two kids (ages 6 & 4). Are there any fun activities for them on the route?

Saxapahaw, North...
Level Contributor
460 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Todi and Spoleta

Spoleto - my apologies!

2. Re: Todi and Spoleta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:32 am, December 18, 2014
Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
467 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Todi and Spoleta

We agree with Jennifer less for the restaurant choice as L'Apollinare is too formal for the Kids.

The Pentagramma restaurant has tables outdoor in Piazza della Liberta` or even Sabatini in corso Mazzini has beautiful outdoor area as well as refined cuisine.

Saxapahaw, North...
Level Contributor
460 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Todi and Spoleta

Thank you!! Exactly the information I was looking for. I thought we were being smart picking Orvieto as our home base, but I am realizing that it may not have been the best plan. We are already locked into our apartment. However, we will just have to come back to see the rest!! :)))

Thanks again!

Level Contributor
203 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Todi and Spoleta

Spoleto is great. Take the walk from the old city over the bridge to the Rocca. It is spectacular. Depending on your interests there is a lot around Orvieto if you have a car.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,573 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Todi and Spoleta

never fear .....where ever you stay it will be fun. Perhaps a bit more driving at the bottom end of Umbria but there is so much to see and you are planning well.

perhaps a look at Bagnoregio and Narni can be investigated.

plenty of options....type into the search box whenever you get an idea then ask us to help.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,946 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Todi and Spoleta

Hi amyhoff

Spoleto is great - our kids loved it...even just walking around the streets and up and down the many hills and steps! The bridge is wonderful and made such a lasting impression on my daughter that when they were asked to make a bridge in school she attempted to recreate 'The Spoleto Bridge'.

I noticed in your other post that your son likes pizza....in that case you should try to eat at restaurant Tre Fontaine, which is frequented by a lot of locals and does really great pizzas.

tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g194924-d23…

There is also a nice playground in the wooded area near the underground car park for the town.

I would second the recommendation for Narni, its very different to the other Umbrian towns, we enjoyed the Narni Underground tour there.

Another favourite placenofmours was the Roman site of Carsulae, It is very much off the beaten track but so so interesting. We had practically the whole site to ourselves the day we visited and got to talk to the archeologists digging, who showed us the items they had uncovered that day....fascinating.

tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g580242-d20…

Have a wonderful time, Umbria is a very special place.

Edited: 3:13 pm, February 07, 2014
Level Contributor
203 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Todi and Spoleta

Carsulae is amazing in my opinion. The setting together with the chance to walk a 2000 year old road surrounded by the roman ruins is magic. We go there several times a year with or without friends for a walk. If you like history, you will love carsulae.

9. Re: Todi and Spoleta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, February 09, 2015