We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding venues in / around Siena?!?!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
wedding venues in / around Siena?!?!

I have been looking for months at different venues in and around Siena and can't seem to narrow my choices down at all! I was wondering if anyone could please give me advice on any of the following venues for a wedding reception:

Relais Borgo Scopeto

Castello di Tornano

Tenutua Lupinari

Castello Di Spaltenna

Relais La Suvera

Locanda Dell' Amorosa

Castello Del Nero

Villa Catignano

Castello Di Velona

Borgo Di Filetta

I am currently living in Australia and am REALLY worried about booking one of these places on the merits of their websites! Although I want an authentic country look to my wedding I would also like the rooms to be a little plush and not too 'rustic' for my guests.

I am planning on inviting about 50 guests and don't want to pay excessively either? The other thing I am worried about is that we plan to have a civil wedding in the town hall at Siena and I am concerned about the distance that some of these places are from Siena town? Does anyone have any ideas / advice for me please? I would appreciate it very much! Thanks! :)

My email address is tashaakbari@hotmail.co.uk if anyone wants to pm?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding venues in / around Siena?!?!

hi, just have been looking up wedding venues today and came accross a review of a wedding in villa catignano that might be of use to you. weddingsonline.ie/discussion/viewtopic.php…

NC
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding venues in / around Siena?!?!

Elisabetta runs a B&B in Colle Val d'Elsa http://www.letreperle.com and she organized her daughters wedding there. She is from Australia and super nice. I am sure you could email her and ask for assistance.

Manchester
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding venues in / around Siena?!?!

Hi Tashaa

I am getting married too in June in Pienza, about 45 mins south of Siena. I ahve booked a stunning place for my venue www.vesuna.com. They have an amazing chef who is building my day aroung the villa and grounds which have an amazing view! I am too having 50 guests which is perfect for here plus 20 of us are actually staying at the villa for 9 days! There are lots of accomodation nearby for other guests includiong a farm run by their friends called cerreto. It is very reasonable if taken exclusivley, around 10,500 euros for the 9 nights for 10 bedrooms, about 130 euros a night which is great for the place. Meals are lovely and the owners so nice and kind, we feel like family after 2 visits!!

We went to look at the Locanda dell'Amarosa a few weeks ago but they only do Lunches for non guests which is a shame as its beautiful!! If you are staying there it may be a possibility. The evenings are reserved for guests.

If you need any more advice let me know!

Rachel

r_l_roberts@hotmail.com

USA
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding venues in / around Siena?!?!

Hi, well your choice is great !!!! you narrowed all down to 4 and 5 star estates.

I did my wedding at la suvera and ....... it is a one of a kind experince, all those real antiques....all rooms look like suites , the service you get is just a real 5 star just think la suvera has been elected within the 100 best trip advisors hotels.....(nr 47 I think).....

I started wanting to do my wedding on my own, since with simona at la suvera all seems quite easy..but them when I was getting nearer to the date ( 4 months before and wish I did t before)I hired a wedding planner that works with them often since I took up the whole place and this way i could party up 'till morning... for example music, at la suvera more than a string quartet they do not really know so for the details and to feel safe on the day, the documents for the civil and religious wedding..well, being far in another country all I wanted was a stress free wedding..and believe it or not this is what I had.- Lots' of fun, happy guests and Monica ,my wedding planner who was just fantatsic. by the way I know she also has velona, catignano and quite a good part of the ones you listed,sicne these were suitable choises for me too .

Well, you should contact her since even if you do not do it at la suvera, you have a person who knows all the estates very well and has worked with them before. Plus, she is italian, this makes a difference but speaks fluent english...well she sounds american and this makes it fun and feeling at home.

well hope all of this helps, you can contact her monica@weddingwithaview.biz

cheers,

mobally

5. Re: wedding venues in / around Siena?!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:04 am, February 16, 2007
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wedding venues in / around Siena?!?!

Thank you all for your help and advice. I am still no nearer to finding 'the one' so help is very much appreciated!

Good luck to those of you who are also getting married soon!

Cheers Tasha x

Newcastle England
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wedding venues in / around Siena?!?!

Hi

Our daughter is getting married in Siena and we are staying at the Villa Catignano. Read the reviews on here for it, they are very detailed. As for specifics, Siena is about ten minutes away, we intend getting a coach for guests to and from, this is being organised for us. Our daughter has been over a couple of times checking out catering for the reception etc. Let me know if you want any other info.

Steve

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wedding venues in / around Siena?!?!

Hi all,

I am in the same dilemma tashaa...my fiance and I live in Brussels so we are actually taking a weekend to visit these different places. Of all the places I have spoken with people, I definitely like working with Sofia at Villa Catignano the most. She is fantastic!

On the down side, it seems that we will have to rent the entire villa for 3 days or more which is good except that it seems from my conversations with Sofia at the Villa, that the bride and groom have to pay for all of the accomodations for all 80 guests. I am a bit confused because I know that people spend tons of money on weddings but are the bride and groom expected to pay for all 80 rooms?

Does anyone know if there is a way to organise your stay at Villa Catignano by renting the place for your guests, but having the guests pay themselves? We had intended to pay for some of the guests (people in the wedding party) but my parents just backed out and so now my fiance and I have to cover the entire wedding ourselves. We were totally excited about having it at Villa Catignano so now we are just trying to figure out if there is a way that our guests can pay for their own rooms instead of us paying for all 3 nights for 80 people.

Thanks for any help that you can give me!

Newcastle England
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wedding venues in / around Siena?!?!

Not too sure what happens in Belgium , but here in England you would not be expected to fork out for accommodation for guests at the wedding. Ok we might put up a few relatives now and then, but most of the time people would find their own accommodation (albeit those organising the wedding may advise on where to stay). Here you would be expected to host the reception and arrange transport to and from the ceremony itself. I would not think it too unreasonable to tell people that there is accommodation at the Villa/Fattoria and ask who would be interested in staying there. You can arrange the paper and finance work (note transfer of such amounts of money will also incur charges…).

Perhaps Sofia is not saying you should pay for it all yourselves, but that all the payments would normally be arranged through you? From what we know about the place this is more the norm, with Sofia being paid monies over a period of time (instalments) prior to the wedding. We know Sofia’s English is very good, but unless you speak very good Italian you can never be sure about possible misunderstandings.

Steve

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: wedding venues in / around Siena?!?!

Steve -

Thanks for the info. Actually I am American but living in Belgium... Anyway, I guess I was just afraid that guests would think it is tacky if I ask them to transfer their hotel money to me instead of having them pay the hotel itself...is it tacky?

Thanks again.

Amanda

Get answers to your questions about Siena