We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscan Hotels/B&B for families?

Rochester
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tuscan Hotels/B&B for families?

We are in the preliminary stages of planning a trip to Italy. We will be travelling in August and would like to spend a week in Tuscany and one in Sicily. After searching some hotels, Farm B&B's etc... it doesn't seem as though there are many options for 2 adult and 2 children in 1 room. We can't afford 2 rooms per family. Any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks!!!

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuscan Hotels/B&B for families?

Hi there. This is a pretty good site for Tuscany. Its filled with castle apartments, most listed as child friendly. My wife and I stayed at Vicchiomaggio for two nights, a stunning castle only five minutes from Greve, middle of September, for 80 euros. Many of these do not include breakfast, just a few basics. That's ok, we bought in Greve a ton of cheese, eggs, tomatos, made an omelette and had a great breakfast on the patio overlooking the vally below.

And their wine is excellent, we brought back a couple of bottles.

http://www.tuscany.net/

Have fun!

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuscan Hotels/B&B for families?

Oopsie. Just to clarify, it was 80 euro per night, not for both nights. Proof read before posting, rub. Proof read!

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuscan Hotels/B&B for families?

I don't know where you've been researching online that you can't find a farm or B&B or agriturismo that is affordable for you, whether one room or two. Seeing as you are only 2 and 2, you would just need a one bedroom with a fold out sofa or a two bedroom type room. Many many many options to choose from that are less than $80 per day. I'm not sure what your budget is considered to be, but if it's $80 or less for 4 people , I'd consider that a bargain.

Please chec some of the following webisites where you can input your search parameters of location, size, dates, price, amenities, et al. and you should find some great options.

www.italianvillas.com

www.rentintuscany.com

www.sleepinginitaly.com

www.tuscany.net

www.toscanaholiday.com

www.justtuscany.com

www.agriturismo.com

www.toscana.agriturismo.net

www.agriturismo.regione.toscana.it

Do an actual Google search and you'll find a thousand more.

Ciao!

mexico
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuscan Hotels/B&B for families?

hello... we stayed in a beautiful medieval village in the middle of the Tuscan countryside... the room we rented has a bedroom and a sofa bed in the lounge (that can sleep the kids)... all the rooms have a kitchen... and they also have a bar/restaurant for breakfast... the price of the room was 120 euros per night... but it is a very cool place to be... Castel Porrona

Palm Harbor , FL
Level Contributor
589 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuscan Hotels/B&B for families?

In Sicily we stayed (2 adults 2 kids) at Limoneto in Siracusa and Hotel Moderno in Erice..both great. There are literally dozens that will accomodate your family in Tuscany...google the towns and look at agroturismo....DKEL

San Diego, CA, USA
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuscan Hotels/B&B for families?

Buon Giorno - there is a fabulous B&B that we have stayed at in Cortona. It is called Il Sole del Sodo and is run by a 30-something Italian gal named Claudia. She has about 10 rooms, a couple of which have a bedroom as well as a pull out couch and a small kitchenette - these run about 90 euro/night. Claudia completed the pool last summer and she has a great view of the surrounding countryside. A full spread breakfast is included, with cafe, pastries, cereal, and she can make you eggs upon request. She also has two very sweet dogs, and will take very good care of you. And she's fluent in English (lived in NYC for 6 years). We have stayed there many times and can't wait to return. www.ilsoledelsodo.com. Tell her Matt and Lisa from San Diego sent you. Cheers!

Rochester
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuscan Hotels/B&B for families?

Thanks to all for the advice.

LubaLorine, you have given me an incredible amount of web sites to research!!!

Matt (San Diego)- I was set on spending a week in Siena and taking day trips to San Gimignano, Perugia, Montepulciano and Firenze. After checking out your reccomended B&B, Cortona seems like a great spot to explore Tuscany from, as well !!!!!

Meriden, Connecticut
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tuscan Hotels/B&B for families?

I just returned from Tuscany - we stayed at castelo Montalto in Castelnuovo di Beradenga near Siena. There are apartments in various sizes - we (4 of us) stayed in a 2 beroom unit. The place is great. A working farm. Need a car though. on a 3 kilometer dirt road about 10 minutes from town. Has a pool for warm weather - bocci too. You can also have breakfast there (simple) and order various products of the castelo (wine, honey, bread, some vegies) - we paid about 850 euros for the week. The town Castelnuovo - is a lovely little town - has a grocery store, nice restaurants and a nice coffee shop.

9. Re: Tuscan Hotels/B&B for families?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, August 20, 2009