We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Il Palio tickets for 2013 In July

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
52 posts
54 reviews
10 helpful votes
Il Palio tickets for 2013 In July

I was wondering was is the best way to procure tickets for this race. Seated places on the outside of the track.

How much can we expect to pay?

Thank you for your time...

Novato, California
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Il Palio tickets for 2013 In July

Here are some example prices I copied from an email regarding 2012 Palio. We will be there July 2013.:

-240€. Standing positions on grandstand at the San Martino bend. They are on the most exciting bend, but they are the last to get shade, on the opposite side of the square from the start. (Only 2).

-330€. The same grandstand, seats. Here are 11 positions available, but in two separate grandstands, however very close to each other.

-320€. Grandstand seats at the Casato bend. In the shade. (only 5). These seats are strangely (each grandstand is private, and each owner makes the price he/she wants) quite close to the 400€ seats (see below).

-340€. Standing positions on a balcony at the Casato turn; you have a wonderful 95% view of the track, you see part of the start from it's rear; a toilet is available, the interiors of the apartment are very beautiful, and you can spend time inside. The positions are in the shade, on the first level of balconies above the bleachers. Refreshments -soft drinks and water- are included in the price. (only 6). This balcony is just above the 320€ grandstand.

-350€. Grandstand seats at the Fonte Gaia. In the shade (only 2).

400€. Grandstand seats at between the Casato bend and the Mossa. In the shade (only 7).

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
5 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: Il Palio tickets for 2013 In July

In 2009 I went through the hotel (Castello delle Serre) I was staying at near Siena for seats on a balcony and a Contrada Dinner for about E500 a person. I did make the arrangements at least six month in advance. If you are staying near Siena, I would start with your hotel.

Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Il Palio tickets for 2013 In July

i was trying to book this too . Who can one contact ? do u have a mail address.

Thanks

Novato, California
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: Il Palio tickets for 2013 In July

Try Jacopo. He has been very helpful. We are using him for this year's July Palio.

Jacopo Mauro [jacopo@jacopodellatorre.com]

Mobile, Alabama...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Il Palio tickets for 2013 In July

are tickets available for just the "prova general" the evening before the race? August 15th is the only day we have to visit Tuscany/Siena. And how much do tickets usually cost?

Novato, California
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
6. Re: Il Palio tickets for 2013 In July

Yes they are available. Jacopo can get you invited to one of the Contrada dinners the night before the race, and help you find bleachers or windows for the Prova Generale.

http://www.jacopodellatorre.com/en/index

I have twenty two people going to the July race, all set up thru Jacopo.

Mobile, Alabama...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Il Palio tickets for 2013 In July

Thank you! I just got some tickets from him!

Novato, California
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
8. Re: Il Palio tickets for 2013 In July

Awesome. Have fun in Siena and at the Palio!

9. Re: Il Palio tickets for 2013 In July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 16, 2014