We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 bed villa/farmhouse/apartment just outside walls

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
625 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
2 bed villa/farmhouse/apartment just outside walls

Hi learned ones!

Can anyone recommend a two bedroom villa/farmhouse/apartment just outside the walls of Siena for a maximum of AU$200 (160 euros) per night? We don't need a pool but want to be able to keep our car with us at the accommodation and want to be able to walk into Siena. We would also want some privacy so nothing where we would feel as though we were living with another family in their own home. We are two middle aged married couples who enjoy life, are young at heart and healthy. One of us has a slight walking problem so he needs to be able to rest after walking for about an hour and a half at any given time (hence the reason for wanting to be close to the walls) otherwise we are all great. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
625 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 bed villa/farmhouse/apartment just outside walls

My apologies, I should have said we will be staying 4 nights (maybe even 5)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,427 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 bed villa/farmhouse/apartment just outside walls

Don't neglect staying inside the walls as an option. There is paid parking at big parking stations and places inside the walls can usually arrange a discount on the cost for you. It is pretty magic being inside after dark.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
625 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 bed villa/farmhouse/apartment just outside walls

I'm having trouble working out which hotels are inside the walls and which are not...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,427 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 bed villa/farmhouse/apartment just outside walls

For a hotel with parking, Hotel Ravissa which is inside the walls

Otherwise, you need to look at the address/location on a Googlemap, or google "apartments, Siena, centro"

Be aware that Italian B&Bs are quite often run by people who do not live on the premises; more like a small hotel without 24 hours desk service.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 bed villa/farmhouse/apartment just outside walls

Flossy,

Besides Palazzo Ravizza

Hotel Athena http://hotelathena.com/en/index.html

and Minerva http://albergominerva.it/?language=en

also have parking.

See turismoverde.com/italia/…mappark.jpg

to find parking lots and determine where the wall is.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
625 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 bed villa/farmhouse/apartment just outside walls

Thanks very much for the replies Lynn and travelsitaly. I really needed that map! I'll have a look at the hotels too! Cheers!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
625 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 bed villa/farmhouse/apartment just outside walls

What about B&B Duomo - does anyone know much about this place? It appears to get good reviews on TA, parking organised inside the walls (but not at the residence) and close to everything. The 2 bedroom apartment looks somewhat attractive for the price...

8. Re: 2 bed villa/farmhouse/apartment just outside walls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, January 06, 2014