We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Cavour in Milan

Orlando, Fl
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Cavour in Milan

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Cavour in Milan? I would love any insights.

Thank you.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
226 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Cavour in Milan

We stayed there one night in October 2001. I got a very good rate (booking online through expedia just a couple weeks before---I think it was due to the post 9/11 travel slump) and we found it was quite nice. It's not particularly charming, but it was more spacious than our other accomodations that trip and we had a little balcony. It's a noisy corner, so you might want to ask for a room high up.

It was a short walk to the sights we wanted to see-the Duomo, the Galleria, etc I especially liked that each room had a little booklet of suggested walking tours starting at the hotel. And we had a delcious dinner right down the street from the hotel. (To your right as you exit and cross the street-about a half block).

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
226 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Cavour in Milan

We stayed there one night in October 2001. I got a very good rate (booking online through expedia just a couple weeks before---I think it was due to the post 9/11 travel slump) and we found it was quite nice. It's not particularly charming, but it was more spacious than our other accomodations that trip and we had a little balcony. It's a noisy corner, so you might want to ask for a room high up.

It was a short walk to the sights we wanted to see-the Duomo, the Galleria, etc I especially liked that each room had a little booklet of suggested walking tours starting at the hotel. And we had a delcious dinner right down the street from the hotel. (To your right as you exit and cross the street-about a half block).

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
226 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Cavour in Milan

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
226 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Cavour in Milan

Look at venere.com for more comments.

P.S. You might want to repost in the Milan forum. Looks like your question ended up in the Siena forum

Italy
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Cavour in Milan

I heard very good things about this hotel... it's one of the most booked in Milano!

you won't have any problem