We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palio tickets

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Palio tickets

I am told I can obtain Palio tickets from the company www.jacopodellatorre.com. Has anybody used them and are the tickets good ?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,404 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palio tickets

I went through the hotel I was staying at for balcony seats and Contrada Dinner tickets the night before. I did pay an arm and a leg for three tickets and they were well worth it.

La Canada...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palio tickets

I have used a company called Paliotours (paliotours.com) as well as referred colleagues to them, and I found them to be quite wonderful. Stan, the operator, knows the palio intimately, and takes great personal care of his clients.

I can't recommend them enough. And yes, they do sell palio tickets separate from their packages.

Good luck! Have fun!

Inverness
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Palio tickets

Hi -yes, we booked Palio tickets with them last year. It's actually a one-man company, the guy is from Siena and manages several very different positions around the Campo. He has quite a strong personality... Just like the race itself really. As for the tickets, after several e-mails and many pictures we finally opted for a window, and it was a great choice (even if expensive). Next time we will definitely go for a grandstand though, just to be even closer to the action. It's going to be less comfortable, but even more exciting I guess. The Palio is addictive really, a drug to take at least once a year! Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
34 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palio tickets

Above you mentioned you have bought tickets thought them. Are you referring to the meesage above your about Paliotours and Stan or are you referring to the original question about Jacopodellatorre?

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
34 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palio tickets

Sorry let me try that again in my defense above was my very first TA post and I thought I would be able to review. Now that i have gone pro I will be more clear.

Horseman states, " We booked tickets through them last year" I am confused as to whether he means he booked though Paliotours from the post above his or through Jacopodellatorre.com from the original question at the top? I also am considering going through Jacopo Della Torre and was wondering the same.

Thank You for any help you can give.

Hutch

Berlin
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palio tickets

Yes I did and it was worth every Euro I spent. Without him we would not have had such a great experience at the Palio. You can trust him, he is a very nice man.

Tilman

Inverness
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Palio tickets

Hi

Because also several other people have asked me the same question with private messages, I post it for everyone to see:

"I was referring to the original question of the thread. I bought tickets from jacopodellatorre".

I hope this makes it finally clear for everyone, thanks.

Edited: 4:51 pm, December 27, 2012
berlin
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palio tickets

We have used www.jacopodellatorre.com (direct booking through this site), and it was an unforgettable Palio! Very reliable service, and the offers are unique (as far as I can judge)! Can totally recommend them.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
34 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palio tickets

Thank You all very much. We are staying at the Hotel Athena and I have spoke with the hotel about Jacopo as well and everyone at the hotel Athena knows Jacopo personally and think very much of him as well. That said I could not say enough good things about Jacopo and how informative he has been for me. He has sent pictures from each of the two different views we were considering so that you can literally see the race and the parade from the exact windows/balconies you are considering, I mean seriously....THIS GUY IS GOOD! It has been my opinion as well as my experience that if you want Palio Tickets there is no other person to go through. If you go to his web site www.jacopodellatorre.com he does offer other very hard to get experiences throughout Italy. Robert Hutchcraft

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Athena
Hotel Athena
3,573 Reviews
Siena, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Palio tickets

I find it a violent competition against animals. Siena has many beautiful things but the PALIO is not one of those (in my opinion)

Mentioned in this post
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy