We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B & B, Inn or Hotel with owner/chef

Long Beach, CA
2 posts
Save Topic
B & B, Inn or Hotel with owner/chef

OK, my earlier post trying to locate a specific hotel has gone unanswered (it was a long shot anyway as I could only describe the pool )

So I'm going to try this query....I would like to find an smallish inn or b & b in the countryside in Tuscany where the owner(s) prepare a special meal at least once a week. We don't need a full restaurant or even room service but would like a nice breakfast, one that stands out would be even better.

Other desirable attributes would be quiet, friendly, rustic, charming...are we asking for too much? :-)

I would love any suggestions. I know this is in the Siena posting but that specific locale isn't required. Just Tuscany.

Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B & B, Inn or Hotel with owner/chef

Stefano Cuccuini owns a locanda with his french wife at Cavriglia near the Chianti Mountains (which put apart the Val d'Arno from the Chianti wine region). Certainly there are few more examples of chef owners, this is the first coming up in my mind.

www.locanda-cuccuini.com

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,089 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B & B, Inn or Hotel with owner/chef

This place will do it all for you!

http://www.foresteria.it/eng/index.php

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g737116-d499023

This Agriturismo was amazing and a perfect base to explore Tuscany...30 minutes to Siena and Florence and 10 minutes to Arrezzo...about 20 minutes to Cortona. We stayed there for 2 weels and loved every minute of it. A wonderful treat to come home to at the end of the day after exploring...a lovely swim in the pool and then a glass of Vino Nobile to watch the sun go down.

They serve breakfast or you can buy your breakfast pastry from the local baker who shows every morning at 9:00 with his van filled with goodies. And they serve a a full Tuscan dinner a couple times a week.

Edited: 7:20 pm, October 09, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Cortona
Cortona
Province of Arezzo, Italy
San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,404 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B & B, Inn or Hotel with owner/chef

Consider the Castello Delle Serre. Sal does a special dinner at least once a week or even more.

Mentioned in this post
Castello delle Serre
Castello delle Serre
621 Reviews
Serre di Rapolano, Italy
4. Re: B & B, Inn or Hotel with owner/chef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 pm, October 13, 2012
5. Re: B & B, Inn or Hotel with owner/chef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Siena