We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sienna hotel--parking and minibar/fridge

New York
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Sienna hotel--parking and minibar/fridge

Hello there,

Any recommendations for a hotel within the walls of Sienna that has both parking available and has a minibar or small refrigerator in the room? My parents need both and are having trouble finding a place.

Thanks.

alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sienna hotel--parking and minibar/fridge

The Palazzo Ravizza is inside the walls. It has easy free parking and the rooms have a small refrigerator. We have used this hotel for many years and love it.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,825 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sienna hotel--parking and minibar/fridge

clw,

Also Hotel Athena http://hotelathena.com/en/index.html

and Minerva http://albergominerva.it/?language=en

Edited: 2:13 pm, September 18, 2012
Cheshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sienna hotel--parking and minibar/fridge

How is driving through the centre of Siena to the hotel. The sreets always seem so crowded.

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sienna hotel--parking and minibar/fridge

@ # 3: you can't. At least not without a special permit. The city centre is a limited traffic zone. If you really need to drive once to your hotel to drop off luggage you should ask the hotel how to do it. Maybe they can get you a permit just for that one trip. Then you have to park outside the walls.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,028 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sienna hotel--parking and minibar/fridge

If you want to drop your luggage at your hotel (or collect it at the end of your stay), you *must* make arrangements in advance with your hotel. The hotel will provide your car numberplate to the police, so that you do not get a fine for driving into the restricted area.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,825 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sienna hotel--parking and minibar/fridge

two,

The three hotels mentioned above are on the edge of the ZTL and you are not allowed to drive through the center to get there.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sienna hotel--parking and minibar/fridge

Thanks for all your responses, I do understand about needing to register the car to avoid fines and would want to avoid ZTL at all costs!

We currently have a booking at the Palazzo Ravizza which has it's own car park, based on a reccomendation above. I had looked on Google maps and the route suggested is through the centre hence my query. I have now searched and gathered infro from 3 postings and am relieved to find that it seems that the Porto San Marco route does not involve the centre. Can anyone who has stayed at the Palazzo Ravizza recently confirm that this route is still viable. Also is the parking off the Via Ettore Bastianini? Hopefully it is just a glitch with Google.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,825 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sienna hotel--parking and minibar/fridge

two,

Try http://www.palazzoravizza.com/location.html

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,433 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sienna hotel--parking and minibar/fridge

Hi,

This thread might be of some help to you. tripadvisor.co.uk/…41333745

mesh

alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sienna hotel--parking and minibar/fridge

Yes the Porto San Marco route is still the best way to the PR.