We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Airport for Transfer to Siena

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Best Airport for Transfer to Siena

I'm looking at booking 5 nights in Siena at the end of October. We prob won't have a car as I believe there is a train station in the town so we will try and organise some day trips using public transport.

I'm just trying to work out the best airport to fly to for transfers etc. We can fly from any London airport

any advice would be appreciated.

Also, as someone completely new to Italy, if there is a better place in Tuscany to go I'm open to suggestions!..

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Airport for Transfer to Siena

Fly into Florence (frequent trains and buses to Siena) or failing that Pisa (trains with changes).Florence is a very small airport and you may get a better choice of flights/prices into Pisa. Siena is a great choice if you're not getting a car. Plenty of public transport. Buses maybe better over trains. Read a few recent threads here to get an idea of the city.

Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Airport for Transfer to Siena

appia is right, buses are better than trains in Siena. See www.sienamobilita.it/mappe/Mappa_EXT.pdf

for routes.

3. Re: Best Airport for Transfer to Siena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 15, 2013