We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Florence?

Which Siena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lighthouse Point...
Level Contributor
967 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip to Florence?

Is it feasible to take the train from Siena to Florence for a day trip? When I looked at the Trenitalia website it looks like it is a non-stop 1 1/2 hour trip (if I am looking correctly!)

Can someone please tell me the name of the train station in Siena and also in Florence that I should be looking at?

Are both stations within walking distance of city center?

United States
Level Contributor
9,589 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to Florence?

The bus is actually better as it goes city center to city center. The train station in Siena is outside the walls about ~3 km away from the center. The main train station in Florence is SMN (Santa Maria Novella) and is convenient to the city center if you consider the Duomo the center. Siena only has one station called Siena FS. On the schedule it is just called Siena.

TAB

Lighthouse Point...
Level Contributor
967 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to Florence?

Thank you--I didn't even think about a bus trip!

Do you know how long it takes and is it direct with no stops?

Where can I find bus schedules?

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip to Florence?

Ihptraveler,

This may help sitabus.it/sita-toscana/…20Siena.pdf

4. Re: Day Trip to Florence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 01, 2013