We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions From Hertz to Palazzo Ravizza

Which Siena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,253 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Directions From Hertz to Palazzo Ravizza

I went to Google maps and typed the addresses for the Hertz location in Siena and Hotel Palazzo Ravizza. Google gave the following directions: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Can anyone confirm if this route takes you through the dredded ZTL zone? Thanks in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,112 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Directions From Hertz to Palazzo Ravizza

Your link does not work, but it looks as if the hotel is within the walls and therefore in the ZTL. Talk with your hotel: they should be able to contact the local police with your car's registration number so you can drive in and collect your luggage.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Directions From Hertz to Palazzo Ravizza

DD,

This may help http://www.palazzoravizza.com/location.html

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,500 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Directions From Hertz to Palazzo Ravizza

Palazzo Ravizza has parking but it is inside the ZTL so you need some sort of pass or they need to register your car -- or you need to get them to direct you how to handle this. They must get this question every day.

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Directions From Hertz to Palazzo Ravizza

Hi,

We stayed at the Palazzo Ravizza travelling there by our own car last year, you have to give the hotel the car registration number when you check-in which they pass on to the authorities so that you won't be fined when passing the ZTL cameras. The hotel has it's own car-park and they will give you directions to it when you check-in.

mesh

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,253 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Directions From Hertz to Palazzo Ravizza

Awesome - thanks for your replies!

alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Directions From Hertz to Palazzo Ravizza

You will actually be in the ZTL for a very brief time period. Hertz is on the opposite NE corner of Siena located just outside the walls. To get to the PR you need to go around the walls, not through the city. You will enter through the wall at Porta San Marco ( The SW corner) . Immediately turn left along the wall passing the parking signs for the Duomo and Hotel Athena. You will come to a very narrow section that has a traffic light. This is one way to traffic with the green light.

Proceed through this narrow area and turn right and up the hill passing , first the Hotel Athena and then a right turn. Bypass the right turn for now, but this will later take you to the PR parking area.

Continue up the hill and again bear right. The PR will be on your right about 100 yards once you past the small porta on your left side, You should be able to park right in front to unload your bags and check in. The sign for the hotel is small but there is a bar right across street from the PR.

To get your car to the PR parking lot, continue past the hotel and church to Diana. Turn right and drive down the hill watching for tourists and school kids. When you get back to the bottom of the hill at Porta San Marco where you first came in, repeat the right turn but this time do turn right after Hotel Atena and drive to the PR gated parking lot. The person at the desk can see you through a monitor and will usually open the gate for you, or you can get out and push a button to be let in.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
85 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Directions From Hertz to Palazzo Ravizza

Hi folks...

My wife and I will be staying at P. Ravizza in October. Driving from Milan.

What I worry about is getting in and out of their parking lot (I hope its not an underground garage because that's where I have banged up a few rental cars Italy and France) so...I am getting a compact and hopefully auto transmission. Plan is to drive out to tour Tuscany each morning. How easy is the in and out of the lot and in and out of Siena?

Please lmk when you can.

8. Re: Directions From Hertz to Palazzo Ravizza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 28, 2013