We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Splashout lodging in the Siena/Pienza area (with view!)

Ashburn, VA
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Splashout lodging in the Siena/Pienza area (with view!)

Hi all

I have tweaked my itinerary slightly to allow for one night in Tuscany versus all 3 nights in Florence. I plan to drive the S222 wine route, and specifically visit Siena, Pienza, Monticchiello (cypress trees!), Montalcino, Montepulciano, and whatever else I can fit in. In that general area, what would be a really nice place to stay?

I'm thinking a B&B kind of place, with a private terrace overlooking a fabulous view... a pool would be grand... please let me know your thoughts.

thank you!

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,141 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Splashout lodging in the Siena/Pienza area (with view!)

I tried this one near Asciano last year and it is very, very good -- isolated on the top of a hill, yet accessible by unpaved road. Last year the charge was 70 euro per person per night. It has a pool.

www.poggiodarno.it/

colorado
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Splashout lodging in the Siena/Pienza area (with view!)

We stayed at Il Chiostro di Pienza, (http://www.relaisilchiostrodipienza.com/). It's right in the pedestrian zone of Pienza. The hotel has a terrace where you can have breakfast in the morning, or drinks in the afternoon/evening. There is a nice pool below the terrace. Breakfasts were good, the restaurant, for dinner looked very nice, though we did not eat there. There are several restaurants within walking distance. Some rooms are considerably bigger than others, they are adequate, not very fancy. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. There are several reviews of the hotel on tripadvisor.

On a stop in Bagno Vignoni, we saw this hotel (www.hotelpostamarcucci.it/Inglese/Index_e.htm) it looked very nice, but I know nothing about it.