We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family accommodation - Siena

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Family accommodation - Siena

My family (2 adults x 2 kids aged 7 and 5) are looking at a month journey with one week stops to get a feel for the place. We are planning to be near Siena during Il Palio and would appreciate some advice on a good quality (clean, room for kids to run around) family accommodation, either a farmhouse or villa with a pool if possible. Budget around 1300E per week would be ideal. There are so many villas etc on the web that it makes decision making very difficult. Any recommendations are most welcome.

New York
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family accommodation - Siena

I noticed that you have 3 requests for information on Positano/Amalfi, Umbria and Tuscany. If you are not picky about daily housekeeping, you can do the weekly rental for even less then your budget.

I think you can do it within your budget in Tuscany and Umbria, but you will have trouble in the Amalfi area. The self catering properties in the Amalfi area are going to be priced a bit higher, which might make it more economical to be in a nice little hotel in that area.

If you would like more input, just ask.

Donna

New York
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family accommodation - Siena

I noticed that you have 3 requests for information on Positano/Amalfi, Umbria and Tuscany. If you are not picky about daily housekeeping, you can do the weekly rental for even less then your budget.

I think you can do it within your budget in Tuscany and Umbria, but you will have trouble in the Amalfi area. The self catering properties in the Amalfi area are going to be priced a bit higher, which might make it more economical to be in a nice little hotel in that area.

If you would like more input, just ask.

Donna

N. Texas
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family accommodation - Siena

This is a fabulous house with a great location. We stay here every year. Pool;A/C

http://users.libero.it/cldbrt/foto/