We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Siena

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
3 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Siena

I am having trouble figuring out the bus schedule to Siena. I am landing at 8:50 in Rome on a Tues in Oct. What time can I find a busto Siena and from where?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Siena

Sue:

I don't know off-hand about a bus, but have you considered the train? Do you want any info on that option?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Siena

Sue:

I did just find this on the web: turismoverde.com/italia/trasport/bus3roma.htm

Hope it helps!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Siena

Sue:

Found this:

turismoverde.com/italia/trasport/bus3roma.htm

Good luck!

NYC
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Siena

Also having trouble reading the bus schedule, because of the change in chiusi? Does anyone know the last bus from Rome to Siena at night, and first bus from Siena to Rome?

bee
italy
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Siena

visit the website www.sena.it and you'll find the schedule of the buses you are interested in. there is also the engilsh version so you should have any problem

New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Siena

Hope you all made it to Siena ok. I travelled there this summer via Rome, once by bus and once by train. I found the bus schedule much easier. I took the bus directly from the Tiburtina station to Siena. No change overs or stops like you have to do when you take the train. The train trip required a transfer to a bus to complete the trip to Siena. Plus those winding roads in Tuscany almost did me in. The bus ride from Rome to Siena was via super highways and much easier. I guess it all depends on individual preferences. Anyway, hope you found the trip worthwhile.

IluvSiena

Genova - Italy
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Siena

for buses from Roma (Tiburtina Train Station) to Siena you maiy check the sena web site at www.sena.it