We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siena or other local towns?

Costa Mesa...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Siena or other local towns?

We are wanting to stay in the Siena/Tuscany area, however we will not have a car and will need to get around by public transportation. Any suggestions on a hotel or B & B that is easily accessible by bus?

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,687 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Siena or other local towns?

A great many of the more interesting small walled towns of Tuscany are not on a railway line - San Gimignano, Pienza, etc. So, you are dependent on the coach services - slow, not always that frequent.

I would strongly advise you that there is a great deal to be said for hiring a car if you want to see much of the glorious Tuscan countryside and its delightful towns - a much better option than having to rely on public coaches.

For general information on the Tuscany region check out www.turismo.toscana.it. Coach services are operated by, amongst others, Lazzi (www.lazzi.it).

For hotels in and around Siena check www.hotelsiena.com

Costa Mesa...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Siena or other local towns?

Thank you,we will look into that.

London, UK
Level Contributor
520 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Siena or other local towns?

I've travelled all over Tuscany by bus and it is pretty efficient. IF you want to stay somewhere in Siena which is a little bit out but has a swimming pool etc. and is just behind the railway station and is a 20 minute walk (not in hot weather) 5minute cab ride from the Bus Station.

Hope that helps

Costa Mesa...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Siena or other local towns?

I'm sorry but I didn't see your hotel suggestion.

We were thinking og teh Arcobaleno Boutique hotel. Anyone seen this?

5. Re: Siena or other local towns?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, July 06, 2005
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Siena or other local towns?

gokimm:

I think the hotel that Lot66 is suggesting is the Borgo Grondaie in Siena because her description sounds an awful lot like it. My family is staying there in two weeks - there are a lot of positive reviews of the hotel elsewhere on this forum.

Costa Mesa...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Siena or other local towns?

Thank you for the suggestion! We will be in Siena 7/20 - 7/22. If you run across 2 Calif girls that might be us. Happy Traveling

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Siena or other local towns?

We won't be checking in until 7/24. Have a great trip!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Siena or other local towns?

We won't be checking in until 7/24. Have a great trip!