We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cinque Terre-which town to stay in?

Which Siena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auburn, California
Level Contributor
54 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Cinque Terre-which town to stay in?

We have three nights to devote to the area, which shall it be?

Thanks,

DonandJai

Maine
Level Contributor
27 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cinque Terre-which town to stay in?

We stayed in Vernazza and used francomaria rooms to rent a room from. Nothing fancy - but the best view in the town. Great food, really beautiful port. Monterosso is the most "resort" like of all of them so you would have your best bet there if you want an actual hotel I would say. If you go to Vernazza make sure you go have breakfast at the Pirates. Amazing pastries!

Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cinque Terre-which town to stay in?

In visiting all five villages twice I would definitely recommend Manarola as the best to base yourself. Fantastic restaurants and people.. We stayed at Arpaiu which was fantastic and very modern..great terrace area overlooking the ocean!

Erin, Canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cinque Terre-which town to stay in?

I too would like to go to the area and have 2 nights between being in Florence and going to Venice early July.

I'd like to see the tower at Pisa, and the gay village in Versilia also. There is a campground/hostel in Pisa for very cheap accomodations (with a pool too) and I am wondering if it is doable to just base myself there for the two nights and take the train into the cinque terre area to hike the trails. I think it is about an hour train ride. When does the last train return to pisa at night and roughly how much does it cost?

Alternatively, I have found a new hostel open in the resort town at the west end of the trail but they have no private rooms and I am travelling with a child. Does anyone else know of CHEAP accomodations in the area....say under 60E/night? A friend told me when you get of the train in a lot of these small towns people will be there trying to get you to go rent their apt last minute and you can get good deals this way by waiting to book instead of preplanning............

any ideas would be helpful.........

4. Re: Cinque Terre-which town to stay in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, August 25, 2009