We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Gimignano Hotels

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
San Gimignano Hotels

We are planning to stay for a few days in April in San Gimignano. We come from a very urban & hectic environment & would love peaceful countryside views and walks.

Is there any hotel which you would recommend which has lovely countryside views? preferably having breakfast / dinner with a typical Tuscan view?

Thanks for your help!

Stefania

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,023 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Gimignano Hotels

Don't worry about whether the hotel serves breakfast or dinner. You might well do better at local cafes or restaurants.

How many of you will there be, and how many euros do you want to spend per night?

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Gimignano Hotels

It will be just me and my husband, we're celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary.

Our budget is around Eur100 per night. Thank you :)

Aliso Viejo...
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: San Gimignano Hotels

In San Gimignano I'd look at the Leon Bianco.

But I would not rule out Volterra in lieu of San Gimignano. Same area, but certainly less traveled. I have stayed 3-4 days in both, and prefer Volterra. Check out the San Lino. I agree that finding your own breakfast is maybe a better idea.

Toscana
Level Contributor
52 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Gimignano Hotels

Ciao Stefania, Hotel La Cisterna is nice but I don't know the rate.

By the way Take a look also at country accomodations out of San Gimignano, should be the Other Acomodation section. There are some interesting places walking distance to town surrounded by vineyards. Very peaceful.

ciao!

BOB
NORTHAMPTON, MA
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: San Gimignano Hotels

We've stayied ijn Hotel Leon Bianaco and La Cisterna and both are quite nice. We love San Gimignano, especially at night when everyone leaves and the town closes in on itself. It's magical.

Bob

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Gimignano Hotels

Hotel Sovestro 2 km outside of San Gimignano on the other one to Poggibonsi. It has a quiet, peaceful environment, great employees, one of the best restaurants around, and a huge peaceful swimming pool. I highly recommend it. A little over your budget, but it's worth every penny!

Florida
Level Contributor
81 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Gimignano Hotels

Check out the Hotel Vecchio Asilo, Its a highly rated B & B located several miles from San Gimignano. We stayed here several years ago and loved the quiet countryside and recommendations for dinner at local restaurants.

8. Re: San Gimignano Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 10, 2017