We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa with pool near San Gimignano

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Villa with pool near San Gimignano

Can anyone suggest a nice Villa for our honeymoon with access to a pool and either within walking or biking distance of a small village where we could eat out .... all located near San G (I dont ask for much do I?!). We like Hotel San Paolo, but a bit pricey.

Thanks all

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,520 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa with pool near San Gimignano

How about Castellina in Chianti? It's not a villa but a hotel with a pool and it's priced right. It's a short walk into Castellina and there are 3-4 good restaurants there and a very good gelateria.

Take a look.

http://www.tuscany.net/salivolpi/index.html

jerryott@dtnspeed.net

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa with pool near San Gimignano

Thanks JerryOtt, I will email them for availability. I dont suppose you have any knowledge about Hotel Le Renaie near San G. It looks nice, but the reviews are limited?

Dallas
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa with pool near San Gimignano

Casolare di Libbiano isn't walking or biking distance but a short car ride to San G. and is wonderful! We stayed there a week and didn't want to leave. It is an old farm house that has been restored as an inn. The owners are wonderful cooks and wonderful hosts. Every meal was delicious and it has a pool and the property sits on a vineyard. We loved it. Here is the contact info, hope its still current:

IL CASOLARE DI LIBBIANO

Località Libbiano, 3

53037 San Gimignano

SIENA

ITALIA

info@casolarelibbiano.it

web http://www.casolarelibbiano.it

phone-fax 39 0577 946002

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa with pool near San Gimignano

Thank you, I have just emailed them for availability.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa with pool near San Gimignano

Hotel Villa San Paolo....amazing hotel with a great pool that has an amazing view. :)

Georgia
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa with pool near San Gimignano

Il Pescile is a B&B with a pool, GREAT view of San G. We really enjoyed!

Georgia
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa with pool near San Gimignano

Il Pescile is a B&B with a pool, GREAT view of San G. We really enjoyed!

Ottawa Canada
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa with pool near San Gimignano

Check out this link for a villetta 3 k from San G.

tuscany-villas.com/details,idhouse,480.html

9. Re: Villa with pool near San Gimignano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 24, 2009