We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving San Gimignano

Malta
Level Contributor
47 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Driving San Gimignano

This year my wife and I went on holiday to Montepulciano and loved it, we drove round all the little villages such as Bagno Vignoni, siena etc...

For next year we are thinking about going to San Gimignano. I am considering a hotel 15 mins walk away from the San Gimignano walls. Obviously using a car to travel to Volterra etc. My question - Is it busy to travel within the outskirts of San Gimignano or is it an easy drive? I ask this because when I had gone to Siena their seemed to be a lot of cars and confusion on the road compared to all the other medieval towns.

I would welcome tips and advice about hotels and driving for this part. I normally like to stay next to town because I enjoy the restaurants and wine. Also I would welcome anyone suggesting somewhere better than San Gimignano?

Thanks

Chris

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving San Gimignano

Chris....Siena has a population of 55,000 people. Of course it's going to be busier than other hilltowns like San Gimignano which has a population of 7,000.

2. Re: Driving San Gimignano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 31, 2014