We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing

Which San Gimignano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
fishing

Hello.visiting the area in june 2007....and am interested in trying some river or lake fishing....have car so can be a bit flexible.

Does anyone know of any permits needed.

thanks

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing

hi does any one ever reply/.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing

no

Volterra, Italy
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing

Hi Enricoo,

If you were a little closer to Volterra, my son would be only too happy to keep you company and take you fishing, but unfortunately in our area there are only artificial lakes but he manages all the same to enjoy himself. Every now and then he takes off up North to Lake Idro which is close to lake Garda, there he manages to fish good sized trout and other types of fish.

Bye and good luck!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fishing

Hello jilma ,

thanks very much for the kind reply .

i am aware of a couple of carp fishing lakes in the San gimignano area ....so will go to them ...they were excellent places .

I wished to try for some trout by fly fishing ...just to see if english techniques and flies were successful.

thanks again

Enrico in england

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fishing

I read somewhere once that one does indeed need a permit to fish in Italy. It was in a book of travel essays - the author was living in Italy for a while and wanted to do the same as you - go fishing. Much of the story dealt with the bureaucracy involved in getting such a permit.

I don't know what this is worth, but that's the limit of my knowledge on fishing in Italy! Good luck.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fishing

Here you go Enricoo. Yes, a permit is required but it seems it's possible for tourists to get a short-term one....

…angloinfo.com/information/40/fishing.asp

7. Re: fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, August 26, 2009