We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in the Pisa area advice

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday in the Pisa area advice

Hi everyone,

I know this is going to be a very open question with many different opinions, but I'm looking for holiday tips starting from Pisa airport. Basically I'm very keen to return to Italy after my last visit about 5 years ago, but there's so many different airports and possible itineraries that I'm getting. Bit confused!

I've found some very good value flights to Pisa next July but we're planning on going for a week, so we don't want to stay in a city for that long. Do you guys recommend we stay in one base in the country and spend our time travelling to towns/cities or do we break the week up into lots of different hotels across the different towns? My partner is very easy going, but has said that at some point we must have access to an outdoor pool seeing as we're not having a beach style holiday and we need some down time!

Sorry this is so long winded, I'm just very confused right now!

Thanks everyone :)

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Hotel San Ranieri
Hotel San Ranieri
#2 of 68 hotels in Pisa
Hotel Pisa Tower
Hotel Pisa Tower
#4 of 68 hotels in Pisa
Helvetia
Helvetia
#8 of 68 hotels in Pisa
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,557 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday in the Pisa area advice

Check accommodation Pisa, Lucca and Siena www.venere.com www.-bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com

Trains from Pisa Aeroporto www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for train times and fares

Pisa/Lucca region buses www.vaibus.com/pdf/Extraurbano4feb13.pdf

Siena buses www.trainspa.it/train04/extraurbano.pdf

Car rental www.auto-europe.co.uk

The coastal town of Viareggio is only a bus or train ride away from Pisa

www.lucca.ca www.aboutpisa.info www.discovertuscany.com

Edited: 9:04 pm, August 19, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Viareggio
Viareggio
Province of Lucca, Italy
Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
770 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday in the Pisa area advice

Will you have a car?

3. Re: Holiday in the Pisa area advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 23, 2014