We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire Pisa Airport

london
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire Pisa Airport

Hi - we arriving at Pisa Airport next thursday at 3 pm. Can anyone recommend a good car hire company that potentially has the least queues, reliable cars and will provide a child car seat?

Thank you.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,658 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire Pisa Airport

My best experiences have been with avis, hertz and europcar, but I have experienced the longest queues with europcar.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,062 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire Pisa Airport

You have left it very late to organise a rental with a car seat. Book now: it will be less expensive than a walk-up rental.

AutoEurope is an agency that arranges cheap rentals with the major companies: www.auto-europe.co.uk

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,658 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire Pisa Airport

But avoid gold car and Maggiore at all costs!

fareham
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire Pisa Airport

AVOID GOLD CAR WHATEVER YOU DO!!! We got seriously ripped off with an "insurance" that they wouldn't let us have the car without. We were charged for a full tank of petrol even though we returned it full. No-one checked the car before we took it or on it's return. No-one even took us out to show us where the car was in the car park. We had to search for it amongst many the same. The staff were rude and abrupt. We ended up paying over £200 for a 2 day car hire. The only positive thing was the Fiat 500 was lovely.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire Pisa Airport

We hired a Hertz Car this summer at the Airport through Auto Europe and experiienced a couple of issues upon the return, nothing major but here they are:

1.The final receipt showed a extra charge of 23 euros, which i did not have the time to query, however AutoEurope took the matter up for me on my return and it turned out that Hertz had lowered the value of the prepaid voucher on the receipt by 23 euros leaving myself to pay the shortfall. To AutoEuropes credit they quickly resolved the matter and i got a refund from Hertz a few weeks later. Wether this was sharp practice or human error who can tell ?

2. The shortfall was converted to British pounds and charged to my card by Hertz at a poor exchange rate without offering the option to pay in Euros, this is sneaky but is not uncommon at other rental car companies across other popular tourist destinations such as Spain. It is another was of squeezing a little extra profit. On return insist that any extras are charged in euros

6. Re: Car Hire Pisa Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, November 03, 2014