We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaning Tower Pre-booking advice

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami FL
Level Contributor
445 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Leaning Tower Pre-booking advice

Hello I am looking to prebook tickets for July. Although i read online tickets are available 45 days out, according to the website its only 20 days? Also we are 11 people but many of the available slots only have 10 vacancies I am not sure if that is the case or did people already pre book the vacancy (I was just looking @ a date open in june to test)

any guidance is appreciated!

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,375 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaning Tower Pre-booking advice

Yes, you can only pre-book between 12 and 20 days prior to your visit. I think there are 30 spaces on each slot.

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
154 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaning Tower Pre-booking advice

I booked last week for a visit this coming Thursday. The tx web site definitely showed only 10 available in any given time slot. I don't know whether this is an actual limit or just the limit of tx they sell over the internet. Sorry I can't be of more help :o(

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,375 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaning Tower Pre-booking advice

You can always try emailing them, they are very helpful.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
42 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaning Tower Pre-booking advice

What is the official booking site as we're leaving Florence via Pisa airport shortly and if the guidance in the other forum entry tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187899-i577-k3180… closed on buses in 2009 is still valid, then we could have time to leave our luggage at Pisa airport and visit the leaning tower etc. before getting back for our flight

Can anyone please confirm the tower booking details and whether the buses are still the same

"The major bus lines in Pisa are color coded. The bus that runs between the Tower, the station and the airport is called LAM Rossa, the red line.

There are frequent buses (every 7 to 15 minutes) and they cover the distance between the Tower and the airport in approximately 15 to 20 minutes depending on traffic."

Thanks

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,375 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaning Tower Pre-booking advice

This is the official booking site:

http://www.opapisa.it/it/home-page.html

The info in the buses all sounds up to date.

UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaning Tower Pre-booking advice

Not sure why you would need to book on line.... Try not to over-plan your holiday. Just turn up and buy a ticket, we were up the tower within 45mins of buying a ticket.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,375 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaning Tower Pre-booking advice

At busy times there can be a wait considerably longer than that if you just buy on the day. With 11 people finding a slot all together could be problematic on the day too.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaning Tower Pre-booking advice

My daughter and I climbed the tower 2 days ago. I read a tip on TA to go late in the day to avoid long lines and tour groups. Perfect advice.

I've been to a Pisa 2x before....lines were very long mid-day to get in and I wasn't willing to wait 1-2 hours.

We looked at the digital boards above the ticket sellers in the official ticket office. There were 30 open places for some of the 15 minute interval admissions, up to 45 openings for others. We went at 6:45 pm. They close at 8. We had no wait. 18€ pp.

There is free admission to the beautiful cathedral, with a ticket required from the same ticket office.

Fun climb, easier than expected.

Because you comprise a large group, perhaps you want to book ahead. For others, I recommend going late in the day, wait til the weather is clear and comfortable so you insure a safe, dry climb to the top observatory portion.

Edited: 5:24 am, June 15, 2013
9. Re: Leaning Tower Pre-booking advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 17, 2014