We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Pisa Airport to Pisa Centrale

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Pisa Airport to Pisa Centrale

Hi, does anyone know the current approximate cost of a cab from Pisa Airport to Pisa Centrale station? My flight arrives too short of time to catch the shuttle bus on Friday for a later connecting flight to Riomaggiore.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,612 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Pisa Airport to Pisa Centrale

Pisa airport taxi www.cotapi.it

Trains Pisa Aeroporto or Pisa Centrale to Riomaggiore www.trenitalia.com/trenitalia21.html

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Pisa Airport to Pisa Centrale

I don't quite understand. You have a connecting FLIGHT to Riomaggiore?

Easiest way is to catch the airport train straight into Pisa Centrale, then the train to Riomaggiore. Most likely you will have to change trains at La spezia.

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Pisa Airport to Pisa Centrale

Apologies, I meant 'connecting train'.

The timetable online shows that I can't get a shuttle from the airport in time to get the train to Riomaggiore so I need to instead get a taxi. I'd like to know approximately how much EUR for the taxi and are they easily available at the airport.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Pisa Airport to Pisa Centrale

There will be plenty of taxis at the airport, and it will not cost much: the airport is less than 2 miles from the train station.

Have you checked the Trenitalia web site to see whether there is a suitable train from Pisa Airport to Pisa Central?

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Pisa Airport to Pisa Centrale

Do you have to catch a particular time train to Riomaggiore? There's plenty of regionale trains that go from Pisa Centrale to La Spezia, and plenty of other regionales from there to Riomaggiore. Unless you have to catch a specific fast train, I wouldn't worry about it. Just get the airport train to Centrale and grab the next available train north. For this short trip the fast trains are a lot more expensive and only save you 10-15 minutes.

6. Re: Transfer from Pisa Airport to Pisa Centrale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 22, 2014