We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to store luggage/see tower/pick up car/AVOID ZTL

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
770 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
How to store luggage/see tower/pick up car/AVOID ZTL

Hi,

We will be coming from Vernazza, we'd like to arrive at Pisa Centrale by train, store our luggage, see the tower, then get our luggage and go pick up the car - avoiding the ZTL!

Ideally we'd store the luggage at Pisa Centrale, walk to the tower, then walk back to Europcar downtown, then drive to Pisa Centrale to pick up our luggage and off we go, however I've been unable to find a map of Pisa ZTL.

1) does anyone have a link for Pisa ZTL?

2) If Centrale is inside ZTL, do you think Europcar would let us take our luggage there and leave it there while we go see the tower, eg before we pick up the car? Or maybe we'll have to pick up the car and put the luggage in it.

We don't really want to walk to tower, walk back to Centrale then walk to Europcar with three kids.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,112 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to store luggage/see tower/pick up car/AVOID ZTL

There is a map of the Pisa ZTLs here: https://secure.comune.pisa.it/tzi/info.jsp

Pisa Centrale station is not inside the ZTL, but the ZTL starts a few blocks north.

Sydney
Level Contributor
770 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to store luggage/see tower/pick up car/AVOID ZTL

Thanks, it looks like we can pick up the car, head south-west along Lungarno Sidney Sonnino, South into Via Porta Maro and east along Via Cesare Battisti to Pisa Centrale. Do you see anything crazy about this plan? Will we be able to find a park to stand in while one of us runs in and grabs the bags? Husband will be the driver, and he'll have to be the one to go get the bags I guess four will be too heavy for me to carry.

Thanks!

Eichstätt, Bayern...
Level Contributor
619 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to store luggage/see tower/pick up car/AVOID ZTL

There should be spots near the station for people who usually drop of - pick up people.

I also found this informative blog about the ZTLs in Pisa (it's from 2011, but comments with answers of the author go on into 2013) athomeintuscany.org/2011/…

Sydney
Level Contributor
770 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to store luggage/see tower/pick up car/AVOID ZTL

Thanks!

5. Re: How to store luggage/see tower/pick up car/AVOID ZTL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 11, 2014