We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train tickets from airport

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,472 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Train tickets from airport

We're arriving at PSA and need to get a train from the airport to Florence. If I buy tickets from the Trenitalia website in advance can they be used for any train to Florence or must they be used on a specific departure?

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
799 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train tickets from airport

Look at the link on top questions on Pisa in the upper right hand corner. That should give you the info you need

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187899-i577-k3180…

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,472 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train tickets from airport

Thanks but l already had a look there and don't see anything that addresses my questions. I probably should have asked this in the train travel forum anyway.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train tickets from airport

You don't need to buy tickets before hand (I think it is not even possible). Just buy your tickets from the machine at the beginning of the platform.

Be sure to have the correct money to put in the machine. If you put in too much you will be provided with a card with which you need to go to a station to get your money back.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,472 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train tickets from airport

I know I don't need to but there's a train leaving 20 minutes after we land which I'm keen to catch. I know it'll be tight and I don't want to miss it because I'm trying to figure out how or where to buy tickets at the airport. On the Trenitalia website there's an option to buy so I'm guessing it's possible.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train tickets from airport

The train fare to Florence (Firenzie santa maria novella station) is 7Eur e/w just buy your ticket on the day from the machine as Dutchfemail said and remember to punch it in the yellowish or greenish colour box on a pole on the platform before you get on.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,229 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train tickets from airport

It is very unlikely that you can catch a train that departs 20 minutes after you land. From the landing time, the plane has to taxi to its parking place, then you have to get off the plane (by air bridge or by a bus transfer), then wait for your luggage.

You are not going to do this in 20 minutes.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,472 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train tickets from airport

Managed to catch the early train (with a couple of minutes spare even), only to arrive at Pisa Centrale to find that our connecting train to Florence had been cancelled due to a strike so had to go back to the airport to catch a bus. Ah well :)

8. Re: Train tickets from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, December 14, 2013