We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shelley/Byron House in Pisa?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
27 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Shelley/Byron House in Pisa?

Hello all and thank you for reading!

Qualcuno sa di un tour o qualcosa che passa attraverso la casa di Percy Shelley e Lord Byron?

I have searched high and low online and in these forums, but I cannot find a tour or location of the Shelley & Byron homes in Pisa. Does anyone know about a tour or something that goes through the home of Percy Shelley or Lord Byron?

Below is a link to a scholarly source for Shelley's time in Pisa (from University of Maryland - Go Terps!) and although it says that neither Byron nor Shelley lived there in the first paragraph, later it says some places where they lived (the top floor of the Tre Palazzi di Chiesa, Palazza Lanfranchi).

Can someone help? Thanks!

Edited: 4:17 pm, August 02, 2012
Pedicab Pisa City Ecotour
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours
Smile & Ride
Gear Rentals, Self-Guided Tours & Rentals, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours
Sightseeing Tours
City Grand Tour
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Cultural Tours
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shelley/Byron House in Pisa?

Frankly, I doubt that you can tour them; they are probably in private hands, possibly of people who don't even know Shelley or Byron lived there.

Byron lived in Venice for a fairly long time; his apartments cannot be visited, as far as I know.

The Keats-Shelley House in Rome is a museum and can be visited, but it's a British institution, not an Italian one.

2. Re: Shelley/Byron House in Pisa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 21, 2013