We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa Airport to Leaning tower- fast/best way- train/bus?!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
Pisa Airport to Leaning tower- fast/best way- train/bus?!

What would be the FASTEST, cheapest and the best way to travel to the leaning tower from Pisa Airport? How much time and money does it take, please?

Also, what would be the same for Leaning tower to Pisa centrale?!

_--_

Me:

I'm arriving at Pisa Airport at 1pm, then want to see the leaning tower, take some pics, then take the train from Pisa Centrale to reach Rome (Roma termina) before late night.

[I read a lot that 'The leaning tower' is the only major attraction in Pisa so thought I won't stop there, considering the limited time I have available to spend in Italy !]

United States
Level Contributor
9,718 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisa Airport to Leaning tower- fast/best way- train/bus?!

There's a VAI bus (blue) that leaves just across the parking lot from the airport terminal going to Lucca that stops right outside the Campo gates. Tell the driver you want off at the Torre. It costs under €4. There is probably a local bus that makes the same route for less. Someone else may have that service link.

If you have baggage, then I suggest taking the train to the central station, using the left luggage facility, bus, walk, or taxi to the Tower and then return to the central station for the train to Rome.

There are several people who will tell you that Pisa is much more than the Tower and Campo.

TAB

Turin
Level Contributor
6,693 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisa Airport to Leaning tower- fast/best way- train/bus?!

Well, consider that the area near the tower was nicknamed "the field of miracles" some centuries ago... I think there are a couple of things to see.

Anyway, there is a train station at Pisa's airport. Take a train to Pisa Centrale and then follow the crowd or take a bus.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,242 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisa Airport to Leaning tower- fast/best way- train/bus?!

Going to Florence we flew in to Pisa as the flight was much cheaper. We thought Pisa was a lovely place and left Florence a day early in order to go back. Bus is easy to use and cheap as chips. In fact, going back to the airport the driver had run out of tickets so wouldn't take any money. Centre to airport took about 15 minutes.

4. Re: Pisa Airport to Leaning tower- fast/best way- train/bus?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, October 29, 2012