We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday restaurant in Pisa

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
695 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday restaurant in Pisa

We will be in Pisa on the evening of 17 October, which is my husband's birthday. We will be staying at Santa Croce in Fassabanda but will be spending the day around Pisa and the tower. Can anyone please recommend a lovely Italian restaurant for his birthday dinner either within walking distance or a short taxi ride away? He tends to like very 'meaty' dishes like steak, veal, venison, rabbit etc and I am happy to pay in the region of 100 euros for 2-3 courses and a bottle of wine (or a bit more if necessary). Somewhere nice but not painfully posh please!

Thanks

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
695 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday restaurant in Pisa

I should add, it will be a Sunday night, in case this makes any difference.

pisa
Level Contributor
752 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday restaurant in Pisa

my preferred meat restaurant in the area around pisa is "il canto del maggio", in a small village called "valtriano"...they have lot of good reviews in italian webs too...in pisa, you may go on foot at "osteria dei cavalieri"...they also have very interestings fixed menu...you'll tell me!!

cheers

silvia

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
695 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday restaurant in Pisa

Thank you for your advice... does anyone else have any recommendations?

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
695 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Birthday restaurant in Pisa

Anyone got any recent experiences of Il Campano that they would be wiling to share please?

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
695 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Birthday restaurant in Pisa

Also osteria dei cavalieri is closed on Sundays according to their website... can someone please help on this topic? thanks

North Perth
Level Contributor
96 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Birthday restaurant in Pisa

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187899-i577-k3949…

The food was great! Lovely large indoor area suitable for birthday dinner or even a romantic dinner for two.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
695 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Birthday restaurant in Pisa

Thanks for your comment.. we've actually just got back and found a great place within walking distance from Piazza Cavalieri..... if I can find the receipt to get the name and address I'll post a review!

pisa
Level Contributor
752 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Birthday restaurant in Pisa

i think it's osteria dei cavalieri...isn't it?? otherwise could be il campano...

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Birthday restaurant in Pisa

Sadly, Osteria dei Cavalieri closes on Sundays. If you have a car, you could go to il Re di Puglia (the King of Puglia, via Aurelia Sud 7, 050/960157, make sure you reserve). It's just 15 minutes outside Pisa. A large open-heath grill/fireplace dominates, which should make the birthday boy very happy, as they grill really really well here (and the primi are swell, too). A wee problem: no credit cards. In town, In town, you eat well at La Pergoletta (via delle Belle Torri 40, 050/542458), and that's open on Sundays.

Edited: 7:09 am, October 22, 2010
Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
695 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Birthday restaurant in Pisa

No it wasn't Osteria Cavalieri as it was closed... we walked through Piazza Cavalieri and it was on one of the side streets nearer to the Cathedral square..... quite a small place that sold bottled wine with no labels that had been bottled at a nearby Enoteca and the best Wild Boar tagliatelli and Florentine Steak I have ever tasted. I can't find the receipt so I may never know where we ate!!