We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 full days Pisa - Day trip options?

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
2 full days Pisa - Day trip options?

Hello!! I found a cheap flight to arrive in Pisa at 5:30 PM. I think this day will be a write off (get into city from the airport, check into hostel or hotel), walk around Pisa.

I would ideally like to take a day trip to Florence on one day, and the second day (if feasible) take a day trip to Cinque Terre (maybe just the closest village).

Then fly back to Paris the next day at 6AM.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Can these places be done relatively cheap? Does it seem possible to do a day trip to Cinque Terre?

Thanks in advance!!

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,833 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: 2 full days Pisa - Day trip options?

www.trenitalia.com will give you an idea of the time required to visit Cinque Terre. Regional trains require you to validate your ticket in the machine on the platform. No need to purchase ahead, there's no seat assignment.

The regional train to Florence is 8.40 p/p. The Duomo is about a 10 minute walk from the station.

www.aviewoncities.com/maps/florence.htm

Halifax
Level Contributor
3 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: 2 full days Pisa - Day trip options?

Trains to Florence take around 1 hour and are very frequent, cost of 8 euros single ticket. You can walk from Florence SMN station to the main sights quite easily. Rome takes about two hours on the train. Cinque Terre about 90 minutes , then another 30 mins to the lovely small port of Portofino, well worth a visit but very very expensive !

CA
Level Contributor
11,859 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: 2 full days Pisa - Day trip options?

Pisa to Rome takes three hours, so too far for a day trip. Rather than the Cinque Terre, I suggest you visit Lucca, train 27 minutes.

Yeovil, Somerset
Level Contributor
8 posts
159 reviews
4. Re: 2 full days Pisa - Day trip options?

Take a train to La Spezia and then jump on the water buses to visit the Cinque Terra. You can get on/off where you like (watch the timetable) and see which ones you fancy. Rough weather means they won't run, so check before you go.

albuquerque
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: 2 full days Pisa - Day trip options?

Also - consider Lucca. It's a short train ride away, in fact I'd stay in Lucca rather than Pisa if possible.

6. Re: 2 full days Pisa - Day trip options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 03, 2018