We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Experience of 'Optimo Rent' Car Rental?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
5 helpful votes
Any Experience of 'Optimo Rent' Car Rental?

Does anyone have experience of Optimo Rent (car rental) at Pisa airport? It may be the cynic in me but their cars are almost half the price of the other rental ecompanies for comparable vehicles for the same period. Maybe I've just struck lucky but thought I'd ask.

Any comments really appreciated

21 replies to this topic
Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Any Experience of 'Optimo Rent' Car Rental?

any experience or feedback with Optimo Rent ?

Thank you !

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: Any Experience of 'Optimo Rent' Car Rental?

Don't ever, EVER EVER EVER EVER rent with this company. Worst ever!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1 post
189 reviews
69 helpful votes
3. Re: Any Experience of 'Optimo Rent' Car Rental?

Bonjour,

Arnaque, véhicule loué via autoescape pour prise du véhicule à l'aéroport d'Olbia, pas de véhicule et encore moins de société de location à l'adresse indiquée ...

A éviter.

Regensburg, Germany
1 post
1 review
4. Re: Any Experience of 'Optimo Rent' Car Rental?

Not at Pisa, but at Lamezia (Italy). We've brought the car fully tanked up back, but they debited (without any correspondence or information before!) us 43,30 EUR Bezina 18,30 EUR (???!?!! no way) + penalty 25,00 EUR. I would never rent a car there again.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Any Experience of 'Optimo Rent' Car Rental?

Great and fantastic experience with OptimoRent. We booked a small car in Brindisi and for free we got a double upgrade: the car was brand new and the service offered by the counter staff was superlative: they explained with lots of the details the rental agreement, the included services and the extra services, checked the car with us and give us lots of tips on the places to visit. We strongly recommend OptimoRent: great service and very cheap price

Edited: 1:58 pm, September 14, 2017
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
5 helpful votes
6. Re: Any Experience of 'Optimo Rent' Car Rental?

So I've now returned from the holiday and having used Optimo I think they were pretty good (for the price). The 'off airport' collection wasn't ideal but it wasn't miles away. Collection was quite slow but nothing that I haven't experienced with othe companies.

All in all I'd definitely use them again even if the driver wasn't price.

Northampton, United...
1 post
1 review
7. Re: Any Experience of 'Optimo Rent' Car Rental?

Hi there I have just been reading your post about your car hire from brindisi airport. I am thinking of booking with the same company but there price seems very low compared to other companies, the price you get quote on there website is that the price you end up paying or is there extras you have to pay when you collect your car? & did you have to wait long at there booking desk in the airport terminal.

Many thanks

Brian

Lincoln, United...
1 post
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
8. Re: Any Experience of 'Optimo Rent' Car Rental?

And I would like to know is Optimorent an agency or is it an actual car rental company as I cannot find where their office is at Pisa airport.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
5 helpful votes
9. Re: Any Experience of 'Optimo Rent' Car Rental?

It is an actual company as far as I could make out. They had their own desk etc at the car pound. The actual office is not at the airport itself but there is a shuttle which takes approx 5 mins to take you to where the cars are actually held (this seems to be the norm at Pisa Airport apart from the likes of Hertz)

Liege, Belgium
1 post
10. Re: Any Experience of 'Optimo Rent' Car Rental?

A FUIR ARNAQUE ORGANISEE!!

Je confirme les expériences précédentes. Prix très bas, location d'une Fiat 500 à Vérone airport sous le nom OPTIMORENT. Pas d'inspection de la voiture, vous font signer électroniquement tous les documents y compris l'état de la voiture sans remarques. Après vous allez dans un parking sombre prendre la voiture et êtes censé constater si il y a des problèmes de carrosserie et les photographier. Il faudrait une lampe de poche et inspecter tous les détails, jamais vu un business pareil!! Au retour remise de la voiture, vous êtes pressé car avion à prendre et l'employé va inspecter la voiture seul et revient avec une photo d'une petite griffe de 5 cm à peine visible sur une portière! Comme le check in à l'aller a été signé comme vierge, il vous dit qu'il va transmettre à son administration pour suite malgré les protestations concernant le check in inexistant. Ils sont alors sur du velours pour retenir sur la caution de 1.000€ la somme qu'ils veulent!! dans mon cas 230€!!

Heureusement j'avais une assurance complémentaire qui couvre les dégâts en dessous de la franchise!! Mais au final ILS ENCAISSENT 300€ POUR UNE LOCATION DE 30€ AU DEPART!! La griffe ne sera certainement pas réparée et le prochain locataire tombera dans la même arnaque c'est quasi certain!! FUYEZ CES ARNAQUEURS PROFESSIONNELS AUTOVIA ECOVIA OPTIMORENT

Modifier

Reply to: Any Experience of 'Optimo Rent' Car Rental?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pisa