We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

See both Pisa and Bernina Express to St Moritz?

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
83 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
See both Pisa and Bernina Express to St Moritz?

Hello,

I am trying to determine if seeing both Pisa and taking the Bernina Express from Tirano to St Moritz is doable in the (short) time we have. We have kids, so I think they might like to see the Leaning Tower. We also may be traveling with an elderly relative, so I do not think some of the 23 minute connections I see in Florence will work (or would they?).(this is the connection when going between Milan-Florence-Pisa).

The fixed part of the schedule I have is we will be leaving Venice on a Thursday and then will need get to Nice, France, area preferably by late afternoon on Sunday. Some of us would like to be able to hike to the Morteratsch glacier while we are there in Switzerland.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Or should we just skip Pisa and do something else?

Thank you.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: See both Pisa and Bernina Express to St Moritz?

It is at a minimum an 8 hour train ride from Venice to Nice. The fastest route changes in Milano. Rather than venturing into another country or down to Tuscany given your time frame, I would explore Milan. You can take a day trip to Lake Como and combine your desires for mountains and water.

Train from Venice to Milan on the fast train Thursday afternoon and then take a Sunday morning train into NIce. This would give you 2 full days in Milano and a day trip.

CA
Level Contributor
10,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: See both Pisa and Bernina Express to St Moritz?

Rather than spend time in Milan, then 4.5 hours on a train to Nice, I'd catch a non-stop flight from Venice to Nice

[not available every day].

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
83 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: See both Pisa and Bernina Express to St Moritz?

Thank you for your replies. I will look into the flight and the fast train from Venice to Milan. So many decisions! We really don't mind the train rides, as it is relaxing and there is always something to see, and my kids like the food service on the train : )

4. Re: See both Pisa and Bernina Express to St Moritz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 06, 2018