We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent local restaurant just outside the walls

London, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
339 reviews
Save Topic
Excellent local restaurant just outside the walls

Can one of the local experts help? I am trying to locate a wonderful restaurant where I ate when last in Lucca. Recommended by the hotel I stayed in, only patronised by locals and wonderful food. I think it may have been Via Pallone or near there. It was quite large but not so obvious from the outsideand tucked under the walls just off the square outside the walls where the buses all stop. Open for midday meal on Saturday but I think not on Saturday evening. I'm afraid that I have lost their card and it doesn't seem to be on the tripadvisor list. I hope this is enough info for the local experts to identify it.!

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellent local restaurant just outside the walls

Could it be Trattoria da Giulio on Via delle Conce? it's just inside the walls along from the bus station on Piazzale G Verdi.

mesh

London, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellent local restaurant just outside the walls

Many thanks, mesh, you are a star. I think that was it - must have missed it on the tripadvisor list! And my memory was faulty about the walls!

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellent local restaurant just outside the walls

You're welcome. Your description of it not looking that big from the outside is right, we have had some lovely meals there, both lunch and evening.

mesh

4. Re: Excellent local restaurant just outside the walls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 05, 2014