We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa Airport -> Lucca: after midnight?

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Pisa Airport -> Lucca: after midnight?

I need to go to Lucca, and my Ryanair flight arrives to Pisa at midnight.

I've checked the bus schedule on the airport website: pisa-airport.com/aeroporto_di_pisa_197.html ---- and the next bus is at 06:30.

I've also checked Trenitalia: the next train is at 06:53 am.

The taxi service directly to Lucca must be very expensive, especially at night. I think it would be cheaper to sleep in a hostel in Pisa for one night. What do you think?

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisa Airport -> Lucca: after midnight?

Figure 60-80 Euros for a taxi. The hostel solution seems rather cheaper!

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisa Airport -> Lucca: after midnight?

I usually stay in Pisa when my flight gets in around 10pm picking up a cheap hotel room because I'm a bit long in the tooth for a hostel . Taxis are quite expensive, though I suppose you would have to weigh up the difference in price between the taxi and hostel and decide if it was worth the extra cost.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisa Airport -> Lucca: after midnight?

I always stay overnight in Pisa when arriving on a late Ryanair flight then get up early and on my way. Definitely cheaper (and less exhausting) than getting a taxi that late. Also you often have to queue for a taxi anyway that late. They will come round, but you might have to wait 20 mins or so if there are lots of people queueing.

4. Re: Pisa Airport -> Lucca: after midnight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 19, 2013
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor