We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Areas of Lucca

Maryland
Level Contributor
11 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Areas of Lucca

Our group is considering renting a house outside the walls on via Giacomo Puccini. Sata'Anna district. I know it's a residential area with some commerce. Has anyone stayed in that area? I'd be interested to hear thoughts.

albuquerque
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Areas of Lucca

I didn't stay in that area, but did attend a language school (LIS) right across from the church of Sant'Anna. It's an easy walk to central Lucca inside the walls.

The area is very residential. Several of the students studying at the school stayed in that area. They talked about it being quiet but also mentioned a lack of restaurants and shops in the area and found themselves walking into central Lucca for everything they wanted to do.

There are bars (for morning coffee) and small groceries in that area.

Seattle
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Areas of Lucca

We just rented a house on Via Giacomo Puccini about 900 meters from the wall for 2 weeks. It is a great area with grand old houses interspersed with shops, bars, pizzerias, bakeries, delis, etc. The bar down the street from us was a locals' handout run by 4 sisters who knew our drinks by the 2nd day. You really feel like part of the neighborhood there. We have stayed in Lucca frequently & loved this location.

3. Re: Areas of Lucca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 11, 2014