We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips from Lucca

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
352 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trips from Lucca

We will be staying in an apartment near Lucca for a week at the end of October, we will have a hire car. I am looking for suggestions for day trips within two hours drive (each way). Interested in history, architecture, scenery and wine. Dream off medieval hilltop towns and villages.

All suggestions welcome.

Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Day Trips from Lucca

Lucca is about 5 hours or more drive from Rome, you will spend two of your seven days driving if you go to Lucca. This wont leave you a lot of days to spend in Rome. You may be better off with three days in rome and three days somewhere an hour or two from Rome, maybe even Sorrento which is about three hours away. To go to Lucca you would be better off flyng into florence which is an hour away and splitting your weeks vacation between florence and Lucca.

Edited: 3:43 pm, September 11, 2012
sydney
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Day Trips from Lucca

I have just returned from Italy and visited Lucca twice, do make sure that whilst you are in Lucca to hire a bike and cycle around this beautiful city. Sit up on the grassy walls with wine bread and cheese and relax in this magic little town.

england
Level Contributor
46 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Day Trips from Lucca

How much are the trains to Siennba? How long does the journey take?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Day Trips from Lucca

I'm coming to this discussion a bit late, but I want to add that there's no reason to bring snacks along to restaurants for your toddler unless the child is a very picky eater. I don't think I've ever seen a child's menu, but restaurants are always happy to prepare a simple dish for a small child. You might ask for pasta with butter and grated cheese, or spaghetti with just a little tomato sauce, or rice with a little broth. Then for finger foods, ask for grissini (bread sticks) or French fries. They will also bring an extra small plate for the child, if you'd like to cut up and share some of the things on your plate.

High chairs are fairly common, but not found everywhere.

35. Re: Day Trips from Lucca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, December 17, 2013