We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Lucca late October

Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in Lucca late October

Hi

My daughter hopes to be married in Lucca on October 21st this year. Just wondering what to expect weather wise?

UK
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Lucca late October

Who knows what the weather will be like this year. We were in Lucca from 22nd October to 24th in 2010. Our first day was pleasantly warm, the second day cloudy with threatening clouds. On our final day we had constant rain.

I assume you are aware that Lucca hosts a large trade fair during this time and for about three weeks most of the piazzas and outdoor spaces near the walls are covered in white tents.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucca_Comics_and_Games

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,628 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Lucca late October

Hi,

You can get an idea of what the weather is like from the pictures on this blog about last years Lucca Comics and Games event, which was held at the end of October. …wordpress.com/2011/…

mesh

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Lucca late October

2006 was the last time I was there in October, we had dull weather, wet weather and then finally bright sunshine over the course of three days.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Lucca late October

Have you booked? During the Comic Convention it's hard to get rooms, food, etc.

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
429 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Lucca late October

Comics and Games is due for the first weekend in November. Its a huge undertaking and takes several weeks of preparation. Virtually every square has a temporary construction on it, including outside the walls, The weekend 21Oct will see things well underway, but unlikely to be fully erected. However for residents its the worst time of the year despite being tremendously valuable to the city. As for weather, its the impossible question, generally over the years our expectation is to be pleasant, hopefully 15-20, maybe warmer. I go to watch Lucchese football team and having a standing joke with my wife that we get rained on in September and May but rarely during the main winter months, Over 8 seasons I can't remember a wet Sunday at the stadium. On the flip side I can recall many a rainy day in October as well, and when it rains, it really rains, Tuscany is not green for no reason....

Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Lucca late October

thanks everyone, looks like its in the lap of the gods!

Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Lucca late October

Thanks everyone, looks like it's in the lap of the God's!

Philadelphia, USA
Level Contributor
384 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Lucca late October

Are those Roman gods or Celtic ones? LOL.

Lucca, Italy
Level Contributor
29 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Lucca late October

I was married near Lucca last October and spent months anxious about the weather! The weather has recently been even more unpredictable than normal. I would plan for the worst (cold and rainy) and hope for the best (the kind of "spring-like" weather we had last October). While the "average" would be pleasant and about 15-20, I would say that the tendency is for one extreme or the other. The year has been unseasonably rainy so far, so we might be in for a beautiful fall!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Feel free to contact me via email if you or your daughter would like any suggestions for her wedding.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in Lucca late October

18th October 07 we spent two days ducking puddles and sleeting cold rain and sat inside a lovely little bar sipping our red wine and antipasta while those outside ducked puddles and huddled in the cold!

Do drop back into this post and tell us how the wedding went...just remember it would be nice to snuggle in!

Get answers to your questions about Lucca